Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

4th All Ireland final in 5 years. Glory days indeed.

Limerick are flying in training.

Will Josh Pray be there today?

He’s a Tipp fan so probably will go for the day out while denouncing the championship structure.

1 Like

What’s the traffic like on the way up lads?

Bill Murray is on the panel.

We’re flat out cutting, the baleing is following

Fine. Sure no one is going

Can some one paste this up?

Went by Galway just to be safe.

I’m sure some body can do better but anyway…

3 Likes

Joe McKenna turned Limerick Hurling around. Anything else is bolloxology

As Limerick fans, we tend to believe that Limerick have another gear in them. This isn’t necessarily based upon performance levels in 2022 really, but on the basis that we have got the job done without hitting 2021 levels.

We’ve shown a lot of impressive traits along the way - experience, composure, resilience, etc. But the actual hurling, touch, winning breaks etc hasn’t been as good and teams have done well at shutting us down.

Will that big performance arrive today? I definitely think it’s possible but Kilkenny were impressive against Clare & Galway. Maybe the opposition was poorer than they were against Limerick but that’s seriously discrediting Kilkenny in my opinion. They have improved as the season goes on.

If there’s a question mark over Cody and his management team, it’s their ability to react to changes in the opposition plan hasn’t been very good; Cork 2021 & Waterford 2020, they couldn’t turn the tide when momentum shifted.

There are lots of tactical battles and individual battles all over the pitch which will make an impact, I definitely wouldn’t be 100% confident calling it either way.

But I am hopeful that today is the performance of 2022 and we can get a relatively stress-free victory.

6 Likes

Hopefully Limk get to sing Sean South in the dressing room again and shove it up Brysons hole.

2 Likes

You stop short of giving your prediction…

Surely a stressful victory would be more fun?

Yeah, doling out a hammering is great every now and then but nothing like winning going away down the stretch.

1 Like

Looking forward to todays game. With a day off tomorrow I’ll be able to head out for a few to watch it with our KK neighbours if the venture over the bridge.

I think it will be a cracking game and I think it will be fairly close. I expected Walter walsh to start all week just due to his size, physicality and experience that he can bring to todays game. But Cody has held him in reserve. He was only on a few minutes v Clare the last day and he had set up a goal. But Clare were a rabble at that point.

I think Limerick will win and I hope they do to cement this teams legacy as one of the greats. Those players deserve it . And a win in a final v KK and Cody would be the fitting way to do it.

As a neutral the only disappointment for me is Cian Lynch missing out. He is for me the best player on that Limerick no question. A brilliant individual who is the ultimate team player and his vision on the ball is unreal. To see him miss out totally from the match day squad is a shame. And a real pity he won’t have a medal for doing 3 in a row (if they do it) like the rest of them.

5 Likes

He’ll get his medal alright

We’ve had a lot of narrow victories this year, I’d like this to be the big performance.

1 Like