Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

Deserved winners, wonderful team and Hegarty’s performance might be the best I’ve ever seen in a final.
We did well to keep them honest.

7 Likes

Well deserved. Member of a super team. A set of player that can go on for a number of years yet,

1 Like

Im fucked

7 Likes

Were you at the match?

3 Likes

Well done to Limerick. A great team, even without Cian Lynch.

10 Likes

Thanks pal. We’ll be behind ye next week.

3 Likes

Are you hopeful for the future?

The raw ingredients are there.Replacing TJ will be a huge challenge.

Thanks. A great team but the greatness franked by beating Kilkenny who are the gold standard. We earned it today.

11 Likes

I guess so, overall.

The funny thing is that Kilkenny had a lot of scuffed touches today. They could have hurled a good bit better. Better team won but ambush was on. Five terrible wides (Eoin Cody x 2, Pádraig Walsh, Adrian Mullen, Richie Reid) killed the outside chance.

But well done to Limerick.

7 Likes

Keily is the spit of a lad I know called Tony who used to have The Old Forge down the Wesht. He done a stint in Freeneys too for a while. A really sound fella is Tony

It seemed to me that every hop of a loose ball went straight into a Limerick hand.
I was having flashbacks to 91

1 Like

A top 5 All Ireland Final?

That was some performance from Hego. Remarkable display. A great man for a final.

3 Likes

Hegarty MOTM

Byrnes POTY

The Big House was thanked profusely and even complimented for running a wonderful Golf Pro Am in Adare.

A very underrated post @peddlerscross

What was scored off Paddy Deegan today?

Hego got 1-4 or 1-5

Wan five but Hego dished out a few assists as well such was the latitude he was given.

Strangely enough Deegan played well too. Hego is something else though. He surely clinched an all-star with that performance on the big occasion.