Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

Brian Concannons goal?

Wasn’t really the high ball that was the problem there, it was Casey was nowhere near him.

Has Barry Nash yet been described as the Trent Alexander-Arnold of hurling? As in, slightly open defensively but the creative fulcrum from a corner back position which makes the whole system tick?

Roy?

When you’re a full back there will always be some mistakes and some goals. No one has ever cleaned Casey in the air to my mind.

1 Like

That last minute flew by in a period of scrappy exchanges. It must have been about 73:20 on Lyons watch at the throw ball. Limerick were very cute keeping the ball lodged down in the corner and preventing a repeat of the scenario at the end of this years minor final.

The Football final will be something else.

The Kerry and Galway women would have that bit more royalty about them.

1 Like

You’d feel for Richie English. Pretty much sidelined now after looking like he’d be a regular for years to come in 2018.

Very like a Spanish soccer team of old keeping the ball in the corner to protect a precarious 1-0 lead.

3 Likes

The pints are going down well on Dorset street this morning.

11 Likes

He must feel like Declan McCrossan after Philip Jordan came on the scene. I think poor oul’ McCrossan didn’t even get one All-Ireland so Richie can count himself lucky on that score.

The resulting line ball for Kilkenny - the defender took a bit of time to take it. Cody was roaring at him to hurry up. The look he gave him when the ref blew the final whistle

That was very cute to keep that sideline ball in play instead of trying to put it dead and risking a big puckout down on top of the full back line

1 Like

We are a long way from the innocent days of Stephen Moylan was it for Cork in 2013.

4 Likes

Blanchfield might have sorted him alright. Pity, I was hoping he’d be on sooner. Might have been still a bit injured.

1 Like

True.

Where was Casey for the KK’s second goal.

No sign of him at the start of the build up or no attempt to come back to square during it. Waiting for a quick puck out?

1 Like

Remember the 2013 drawn final when the Cork chap (Stephen Moylan? Maybe someone else?) tried to score from a lineball and Clare worked the Domhnall O’Donovan equaliser from the puck out? Limerick manage the game very well and I knew they’d just tip the lineball they won down the line and look to keep it in the corner for another bit longer. A frustrating end to the game for Kilkenny and that’s why I’d echo the comments on Blanchfield’s point. If you think about it, he was marauding forward down the centre of the pitch in relative space and the chances are you won’t get a better launchpad to create a goal in the last attack or two of the game. He really needed to look to create a goal.

11 Likes

Limerick broke out of defence giving a ball to Gillane who missed it. Tj didn’t follow the play and was unforgivably left alone.

Limerick had made what looked to be a great break up the field working it through the hands. Maybe he’d been carried up with that

1 Like

Couldn’t answer that for you right now, I was at the far end in the Cusack.

He needed to take a leaf out of Harry Ruddle’s book.

When it opens up, you have to go for it. Like if you are 4 down with a free 25 yards out and a minute on the clock, you should try and get the goal there, rather than tap it over and hope for another chance, you more than likely wont get a better goal chance.