Limerick V Tipperary MSHC Semi Final

Sorry carryharry - it was a wholly inappropriate comment from a member of the moderating team.

Where are we all meeting up for a few scoops before this Sunday?

I’ll batter the fucking head off you if you come near me

carryharry - what changes do you expect in the Tipp team from the league final lineup?

:smiley:

The Tipp team for Sunday should be as follows;

Cummins, Stapleton, Curran, Cahill, P Maher, O’Mahony, O’Brien, B Maher, S McGrath, Bonnar Maher, N McGrath, J O’Dwyer, S Bourke, E Kelly, J O’Brien.

[quote=“carryharry, post: 781457, member: 1517”]The Tipp team for Sunday should be as follows;

Cummins, Stapleton, Curran, Cahill, P Maher, O’Mahony, O’Brien, B Maher, S McGrath, Bonnar Maher, N McGrath, J O’Dwyer, S Bourke, E Kelly, J O’Brien.[/quote]
Lambs to the slaughter.

carryharry, is your profile picture meant to be a Tipp reference to hang sangiches in tinfoil?

Limericks best hope is that the Tipp cunts go in over confident, then they might be there for the taking.

But on all known form so far this season, we should expect a similar result to what Tipp had over Dublin in the league as that would appear to be the level of Limerick at the moment. However Downes, Dowling and Hannon are certainly capable of better than they have shown this year so maybe if they all clicked then it would be close.

Tipp seem to have a settled 12\13 positions with the others up for grabs. Limerick have 9\10 settled positions and its more confusion than compettition for places imo.
Limerick are relying too much on Mulcahy to provide a scoring threat with little help from the others and it also appears that John Allen is going to persist on playing a few fellas in suspect positions on the back of good performances in challenge games and low level league games.

If the Tipp team is as predicted above I can see Tipps halfback line dominating. I’d also predict that by the beginning of the 2nd half Limerick will have made at least one change to their midfield pairing. I’m not sure if John Allen knows who to play there.

Limericks halfback line is very key to them staying in the game, if Tipp get on top there Limerick will get destroyed. I really don’t like the thought of GOM marking Noel Mcgrath.

If Limerick can get any kind of moral victory it would be a step forward going into the qualifiers.
Theres definitely improvement in Limerick but it will take a few games to realise improvement and it looks like it will take another few games for John Allen to get a handle on his best 20 players.

Will artfoley be writing a preview of this?

What’s the betting for this?

Has he not had ample enough time? We don’t have a “few more games”

Would that Bonner Maher fella make the Tipp team? He looked like a junior b hurler in the league final. Surely they have someone better?

It seems Allen is sticking with more or less the tried and trusted with different options not having been tried out enough I think. That means Walsh and Browne start at corner and midfield. It appears DOG will start. Fit enough for midfield but not trusted with 6 it looks like, which is odd to me. Unless Allen just prefers McNamara at 6 (?!) or doesn’t want to see the half back line that performed relatively well (arguable) during the league broken up. These lines will probably line up as they have the last couple of games and look weak to me.

SHANNONSIDER
What time are you picking me up at on Sunday morning, mate?

I’ll pay for your Supermac’s and stand you a few colas before and after the game.

Believe it or not, but yes it is.

Lads all the omens are positive to say the least.

As mentioned I stumbled across the Limerick 14s playing some exhibition stuff earlier. I opened up the gym bag before workout and I had only gone and packed my favourite green work out t-shir,t and I slipped into the shop there for an ice lolly and I got a free Mint (green) Feast!
Limerick’s year!

This is the biggest problem for the management, theres too many positions that are not nailed down. At this stage we should be at least certain who will be center back. In fairness to John Allen and co if Limerick had played in div 1 then they would have had a chance to test all these permutations against decent opposition.
I fear that Allen is going to find out the hard way about a few of these positions on Sunday.

Then again, Tipp won’t have a clue what Limerick to expect either but i don’t think they’ll be bothered.

Dublin didn’t give a fuck about the league semi against Tipp they got what they wanted against Limerick in the promotion final so form through them doesn’t matter that much if at all!

Hopefully this will be a decent game with a decent crowd, unlike the Clare/Waterford shite.