Limerick V Tipperary MSHC Semi Final

Hopefully this will be a decent game with a decent crowd, unlike the Clare/Waterford shite.

I reckon they’re fairly well nailed down in Allens mind, see my post in limerick gaa thread. Wayne Mc has played 6 in every game since DOG was injured as far as i know, and it doesn’t like Allen will change back to O’Grady at this stage (if he does he is attempting to pull a surprise). The only doubt is maybe full forward where we’ve hardly seen Moran while dowling has just not been in good form.

I’d level the opposite criticism to you, positions are largely too nailed down in Allens head. For example I don’t think Dempsey could have done more to play his way into the team, he has been excellent at every opportunity, but I think Allen will go with Walsh.

Fuck it CM is getting me all riled up for this match! Hon Limerick sew it into the cunts!!! :mad:

Limerick Team: Quaid; Walsh McCarthy Condon; O’Brien McNamara O’Mahony; Browne O’Grady; Breen Ryan Hickey; Mulcahy Hannon Tobin

Is that the intermediate team?

When did Hickey move to the forwards?

Is that the actual team? That’s some free scoring half forward line

I’m very demoralised after seeing it.

On the plus side we have the strongest bench we have had in years with Downes,Dowling,Allis and Moran all to come in, Looks like Allen is relying on the starting 15 to keep us in it for 45-50 mins before emptying the bench and hoping the subs can see us over the line.

Keep the good men on the bench, then BANG.
Sounds like he’s been taking management advice from this man:

https://i2.ytimg.com/vi/1xclNadRgVs/mqdefault.jpg

Only problem with that theory is that Allen doesn’t like using subs. Anyway the game could be well gone by the time he gets around to using anybody.

He’s looking at what happened last year when Tipp had quality subs who got them through and all we had was a 70% fit Hannon,he must have a containment plan of flooding back the midfield with our hard working but non scoring half forward line with hannon drifting out leaving a 2 man FF line.If we are 4-5 pts within reach heading into the last 25 mins then the likes of Hickey,Ryan and Breen will make way for the better scorers and potential match winners in Downes,Dowling and Allis.

I think we should adopt a 2 point plan to win this one.

1. Drop Breen
  2. If there is time replace him.

Allen has played Hannon at full forward on several occasions though it hasn’t worked. It doesn’t look like Allen learns very much from his mistakes.

Containment is all very well but taking off the hard working players with 15 mins to go still gives Tipp enough time to score plenty. We would need to be around 12 points up to have any chance of winning.

I refuse to facilitate any negative thoughts.

PMA!

What happened to this Downes lad? I haven’t watched Limerick in a long while but he looked like a star in the making after a game against Waterford in 2011. Scored a couple of goals I think. I was watching the game in an Irish centre in Newcastle, it was on after Leitrim and Roscommon.

He’s been going really well this year, which makes it all the more bizarre

And you know this for a fact I suppose. Limerick supporters are like Liverpool supporters apart from Limerick don’t have any history to talk about.

Injuries last year and championship came too fast. He has been looking like his old self of late and I think he will have a big moment Sunday to win it for us. Hopefully he wears a tshirt with Farmerinthecity on it and displays it for the world to see after he does.