Limerick V Tipperary MSHC Semi Final

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 781673, member: 332”]I think we should adopt a 2 point plan to win this one.

1. Drop Breen
  2. If there is time replace him.[/quote]
    Very unfair comment, Breen did great on Maher last year. He is being asked to fulfil a different role to his club role and to work his arse off and not let Maher or whoever dominate. If all he does is negate a tipp half back and break balls for hannon to scoop up and fire over the bar he’ll have done his job. He will also probably chip in with a score and has a knack for goals if he is ever allowed into a forward position.

Hannibal, hannon will play deep. This will work! As said above, keep it close, then impact from Dempsey, downes, allis, maybe Moran, dowling… We will finish like a train!

I do actually you no mark cunt now piss off.

+1

We’ll see

Dodge is captain again yeah?

Yup,great to have him back in the engine room always worth a big score or two!

Manic fucking aggression!!!

That is all very possible glasagusban. But he is seriously weakening his team of scorers in the hope he can halt Tipp’s forwards. Dropping Downes & Dowling is a strange call.

Dowling just hasn’t been in good form and I thought Moran would play ahead of him. He is a great player and will come good but I’m not surprised he’s not starting. Very surprised about downes who is back in form and poses a different threat, but he had an off day in a challenge game recently and Tobin has been consistently lively and perhaps more accurate shooting so that one was probably a close call. Grand our half forward line aren’t prolific but they can all take a score, as can midfield… It’s not what I’d pick but let’s see how it goes.

I wouldn’t discount the possibility of pre-game changes to the published team.

That is my point though, you are going with workers on a half back line. One thing for sure, John Allen will either look a genius or a small bit stupid Sunday evening on this call.

I’d agree with you on Dowling. He doesn’t deserve a place on current form. Disappointed Downes isn’t starting, offers more than Tobin IMO. Wouldn’t agree on the scoring threat from midfied. Browne doesn’t score many, hopefully Dodge can get a few points. O Brien might get a few if he gets the opportunity. Very little scoring threat in the half forward line though. Hickey might get a few but it’s hard to see Ryan and Breen contributing many scores.
Hopefully Hannon does drop deep, he needs to be involved rather than isolated at FF.

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 781417, member: 168”]This is it folks, the one the whole country has been waiting for.

I’m pumped up and full of blind and unjustified optimism.

On paper, Tipp should walk it, but it is’nt played on paper- Our 15 warriors will stand toe to toe with the cretins from the east and there’s an old Irish proverb, handed down through generations, from father to son that sums this match up much better than I can-

Limerick never feared Tipp !!!

The sun is out and looking good for the week… let’s be having you bastards!!

:pint::pint::pint:[/quote]
Thats one of the best posts I’ve ever had the privilege to read on TFK :clap::clap:

As per usual, Limerick gaa people are looking forward to the start of the Munster championship. On any day the Limerick 15 can match any 15 that Tipp can field.

Home advantage and a good Limerick attendance can swing the pendulum in Limericks direction.

Limerick by 4 points.

[quote=“ProjectX, post: 781775, member: 1742”]As per usual, Limerick gaa people are looking forward to the start of the Munster championship. On any day the Limerick 15 can match any 15 that Tipp can field.

Home advantage and a good Limerick attendance can swing the pendulum in Limericks direction.

Limerick by 4 points.[/quote]

FOAD

The forward line picked looks like a case of stopping the Tipp half backline rather than posing a scoring threat.
That might be a good thing in the early stages imo. Tobin will probably drop back and leave the space inside for Hannon and Mulcahy. Theres definitely goals in these two.

I reckon that half forward line are capable of turning the game into a bit of a slog which will suit Limerick.
Limerick need to win midfield badly to get ball into the lads inside cause I can’t see that half forward line doing much damage.
I thought that Browne was a bit behind in the pecking order for midfield but Allen seems to like him there and he is capable of carrying the ball and creating space. Hopefully he can raise his game.

The Limerick management really need to be on their game here, they have ammunition on the bench and how and when they use it might make a big difference if the starting 15 can keep Limerick in the game.
It is a little dissapointing to think that Downes and Dowling were two of our leading lights at this stage of the last two championships and now can’t get their place but their still young yet.

[quote=“ThunderPuss, post: 781779, member: 1593”]The forward line picked looks like a case of stopping the Tipp half backline rather than posing a scoring threat.
That might be a good thing in the early stages imo. Tobin will probably drop back and leave the space inside for Hannon and Mulcahy. Theres definitely goals in these two.

I reckon that half forward line are capable of turning the game into a bit of a slog which will suit Limerick.
Limerick need to win midfield badly to get ball into the lads inside cause I can’t see that half forward line doing much damage.
I thought that Browne was a bit behind in the pecking order for midfield but Allen seems to like him there and he is capable of carrying the ball and creating space. Hopefully he can raise his game.

The Limerick management really need to be on their game here, they have ammunition on the bench and how and when they use it might make a big difference if the starting 15 can keep Limerick in the game.
It is a little dissapointing to think that Downes and Dowling were two of our leading lights at this stage of the last two championships and now can’t get their place but their still young yet.[/quote]

No disappointment with the dropping those 2 men. Great talents but are a bit burned out. This move will reduce the pressure on them and when they do make an appearance, they will be ready to make a statement.

Shane Dowling, in particular, has had a lot of expectations on his shoulders. Its no harm at this stage to give him a bit of space to be his own man.

This is a good move from the management.

[quote=“ThunderPuss, post: 781617, member: 1593”]This is the biggest problem for the management, theres too many positions that are not nailed down. At this stage we should be at least certain who will be center back. In fairness to John Allen and co if Limerick had played in div 1 then they would have had a chance to test all these permutations against decent opposition.
I fear that Allen is going to find out the hard way about a few of these positions on Sunday.

Then again, Tipp won’t have a clue what Limerick to expect either but i don’t think they’ll be bothered.[/quote]

Fuck off thunderpuss you downbeat negative cunt.

[quote=“ThunderPuss, post: 781779, member: 1593”]The forward line picked looks like a case of stopping the Tipp half backline rather than posing a scoring threat.

It is a little dissapointing to think that Downes and Dowling were two of our leading lights at this stage of the last two championships and now can’t get their place but their still young yet.[/quote]

FOAD

This whole thread reneges the soul a little