Limericks Greatest Hurler In The Post Mackey Era?

God this is a tough one.You have Pat Hartigan Eamonn Cregan Richie Bennis Eamonn Grimes Ned Rea Liam O’Donoughue Sean Foley and Joe McKenna from the 1973 team.A special mention also to Jim Hogan and the late and great Andy Dunworth who played such a pivotal role when Limerick beat Tipp in 1966.As Richie Bennis said i hope the Cork people are always grateful to Andy because there would have been in no all ireland in 1966 if it wasn’t for Limerick beating Tipp!Tom Bluett from the 66 team also deserves a mantion.You have the late and great Tommy Quaid Leonard Enright Jimmy Carroll Paudie Fitzmaurice Willie Fitzmaurice and Ollie O’Connor from the 1980/1981 team.From the 94 team onwards you have Joe Quaid (although he pucked that ball out too fast in the 94 all ireland final!) Stephen McDonagh Pat Heffernan Mike and Declan Nash Dave Clark Mike Houlihan Gary Kirby and Mike Galligan from the 94/96 team.TJ Ryan Damien Reale Stephen Lucey Brian Geary Mark Foley Ollie Moran and Brian Begley also deserve a mention.For me it’s between Eamonn Cregan and Ciaran Carey.

There is also an underrated workhorses sub category.Foe me that that title is between John Flannagan from the 80/81 team,Clem Smith and Mike O’Brien.

Donie Ryan

Lock the thread.

http://inpho.ie/cache/inpho/57/4f/f5/e65fb74737235d275abddd3bf8c52f95eb01bc842c/INPHO_00000889.jpg

Bangers.

Kirby in my lifetime - 4 all stars. Great player, deserved an all Ireland

Beautiful City please revisit the inclusion of the word “ever” in the thread title, considering the time limitation you have imposed.

Kirby was class but Ciaran Carey was the main man on that Limerick team.John Roche would have been fine player for Limerick as well but he was intimated off the panel by anti Tom Ryan elements!

Hard to argue with that.
His goal against Waterford in the 07 semi-final was one of the best goals ever to grace Croke Park.

I suppose Andy O’Shaughnessy wasn’t half bad either.

Ya, I think that’s your top three there,

1.Donie Ryan
Joint 2nd: Ciaran Carey & John Roche

Cregan.

Carey? anyman cleaned out by fingers in a Munster Final cannot be called a great. was missing in the 96 AI final aswell with the rest of them when Wexford were bating the shit out of them with 14 men, missing in too many games in fact, living off that point against Clare for far too long now

[quote=“Tassotti, post: 806616, member: 361”]Cregan.

Carey? anyman cleaned out by fingers in a Munster Final cannot be called a great. was missing in the 96 AI final aswell with the rest of them when Wexford were bating the shit out of them with 14 men, missing in too many games in fact, living off that point against Clare for far too long now[/quote]

Well done that is the dumbest post that i have ever encountered in all my time on the internet!:rolleyes:

a man photoshopped out of limerick hurling

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/02/ciu/80/0c/b2c1ac6352720a22d17a05.L.V212577647_SX200.jpg

[quote=“artfoley, post: 806619, member: 179”]a man photoshopped out of limerick hurling

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/02/ciu/80/0c/b2c1ac6352720a22d17a05.L.V212577647_SX200.jpg[/quote]

:smiley:

He looks very like yourself Mark Renton

[quote=“Beautiful City, post: 806608, member: 1616”]Kirby was class but Ciaran Carey was the main man on that Limerick team.John Roche would have been fine player for Limerick as well but he was intimated off the panel by anti Tom Ryan elements![/quote]is this fool capable of posting a reply without mentioning Tom Ryan

Worlds apart mate.