Live GAA on de Telly 2023 (No Discussion)

I’m sure Larry and Alan Milton have everything under control.

Ah if it’s Milton it’ll be grand

It’ll be garbage.

100% going to end up in a format of:

2 mins pre-match coverage
Highlight package at half-time
Post-match coverage ends almost immediately

At the start of the GAA Go Championship stuff they’ll try the ‘studio’ based analysis, but they genuinely won’t be making any revenue off that so will cut it

In saying the above, some people just want the match purely and none of the in-studio stuff

I’m sure Alan’s crack team in HQ have an incredible package lined up.

Larry was very confident they’d make it work there before Christmas.

They must be so confident, they didn’t feel the need to do a trial run during the League.

The fact they haven’t done any more promotional stuff for it is fairly alarming. If they were highly confident in it, they’d be pushing it like mad. Instead, they’ve stayed quiet about it which is concerning.

1 Like

They tried flogging it for a knock down price at Christmas didn’t they?

Championship starts tomorrow week and nothing from them since. Sounds ominous but I would hate to question the work of top, top Administrators like Milton, Larry and Tom Ryan.

Hopefully with a backing track of soft Celtic-style music, followed by a two minute segment of a webcam style shot of the pitch with a low volume hum from the crowd over it, at the end of which you can audibly hear the commentators picking up their microphones again 15 seconds before the ball is thrown in to start the second half.

9 Likes

I’d say they’re happy that the quality of the product will sell itself.

2 Likes

Generally, if it doesn’t have a strong uptake from the get-go, it’ll never kick-on properly (extreme example of LIV Golf. Really poor start, and no matter who they’ve gotten since, there’s been no traction).

GAA really needed to plough into advertising GAA Go before Championship, but they genuinely haven’t. By now it’s too late I think, and they’ll just end up with the majority doing a ‘ah sure I’ll watch the highlights on the Sunday Game’

This exactly haha

I think you have to really really trust in the brains trust of Alan Milton here.

I only realised the other day while listening to a podcast that I haven’t a clue of what the format is for the football championship this year

Who’s going to watch all that football anyway?

Can’t imagine there’s any hunger for it to be honest ha

How long is The42.ie paywall up?
€60 a year for what exactly?

Minto was in good form yesterday - he looks like a man who has all in order before championship starts. The benefit of a split season I suppose

I won’t be paying it but their match reports are generally excellent.

It’s the same format as Euro '96. If Euro '96 had allowed 3 teams progress from the groups, rather than 2. Which it didn’t.

If Euro '96 was the 2023 All-Ireland football championship, it would have worked as follows:

A1 England
A2 Holland
A3 Scotland

B1 France
B2 Spain
B3 Romania

C1 Germany
C2 Czech Republic
C3 Italy

D1 Portugal
D2 Croatia
D3 Denmark