Liverpool FC 2014/15

I fear for Liverpool this year. Lovren and Moreno will improve the defense in time but they needed a top quality midfielder and striker. They didnā€™t do that.

Yeah maybe. Thought it was a tentative enough header myself. Hart did well but a striker shouldnā€™t be giving the keeper any chance from 5 yards. Heā€™ll have better nights for Liverpool though.

welcome to the big leagues lads

City that bit more clinical. Very few teams will pick up points at City.

Sturridge off side was marginal

Need to pick up points next weekend to avoid being dragged into dogfight near bottom with United

Saw it again afterwards and Iā€™m coming more around to your way of thinking.

Excellent analysis by Carragher and Neville afterwards highlighting the unfamiliarity of the Liverpool defence and how it is causing problems.

Rodgers needs to look at how defence set up for the Big away games. Especially with CL looming. It is tough bedding in a lot of new players when you meet City in second game but the defence needs to be tightened

2012/2013:

Man United away: 2 goals conceded
City away: 2 goals conceded
Arsenal away: 2 goals conceded
Chelsea away: 1 goal conceded
Everton away: 2 goals conceded
Spurs away: 2 goals conceded

2013/2014:
Man United away: 0 goals conceded
City away: 2 goals conceded
Arsenal away: 2 goals conceded
Chelsea away: 2 goals conceded
Everton away: 3 goals conceded
Spurs away: 0 goals conceded

2014/2015:
City away: 3 goals conceded

There was a myth last season that Gerrard played this deeper midfield role in an exceptional manner. Again, he was found wanting defensively last night. He allowed Silva to run off him for the first goal. Sure Lovren should have been across quicker to close off the space Silva was running into and Moreno should have been sharper to clear the ball when Lovren belatedly intervened but itā€™s Gerrard causing the problem to begin with. Heā€™s obviously very good at spraying the ball around from that position but he allows attacking midfield players way too much space.

Aside from new players settling in, I also think Skrtel remains a problem for Liverpool. His appreciation of danger and positioning has always been below top class.

[QUOTE=ā€œBartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 1006689, member: 9ā€]There was a myth last season that Gerrard played this deeper midfield role in an exceptional manner. Again, he was found wanting defensively last night. He allowed Silva to run off him for the first goal. Sure Lovren should have been across quicker to close off the space Silva was running into and Moreno should have been sharper to clear the ball when Lovren belatedly intervened but itā€™s Gerrard causing the problem to begin with. Heā€™s obviously very good at spraying the ball around from that position but he allows attacking midfield players way too much space.

Aside from new players settling in, I also think Skrtel remains a problem for Liverpool. His appreciation of danger and positioning has always been below top class.[/QUOTE]

Lapsed poster Mark Renton has been highlighting both of those issues for a while now. Brendan wonā€™t listen.

Brendan should break the bank and buy lee cattermole.

We need a tramp alright, the lads in the middle are all very nice chapsā€¦

Two of the back four are new and they are also playing Johnson on the right which essentially means it is a back 3.5ā€¦

Lallana and Mario to come in- New players to settle inā€¦ might be a ropey start but I expect the team to go from strength to strength as the season progressesā€¦Not many teams will pick up points at City so forget last night.

[QUOTE=ā€œChocolateMice, post: 1006760, member: 168ā€]We need a tramp alright, the lads in the middle are all very nice chapsā€¦

Two of the back four are new and they are also playing Johnson on the right which essentially means it is a back 3.5ā€¦

Lallana and Mario to come in- New players to settle inā€¦ might be a ropey start but I expect the team to go from strength to strength as the season progressesā€¦Not many teams will pick up points at City so forget last night.[/QUOTE]

Canā€™t afford to lose to Spurs.

Yep. I donā€™t like making such statements before I see a match progress but as of now I would take a draw. Another loss would be a major blow.

Rodgers had any interesting (or bluffing) way of looking at the start of the season. He said that we are three points up on last season having lost at home to Southampton and away to Man City last season.

Iā€™m reading on the sky sports news app that man United are planning to buy Joe Allen for 20 million. I think someone is taking the piss.

:smiley:

Lucas to Napoli is rumoured as well. Iā€™ve no problem with getting rid of either but theyā€™d want to sign a decent central midfielder fast enough.

Liverpoolā€™s loss to Man City was their first away loss this calander year.

What do we go with next day out?

The internet is awash with rumours that Brendan is chasing Song from Barcelonaā€¦I know he is decent going forward but Iā€™d trust him more then Stevie as a holding player.

Be a decent teamā€¦

Henderson and Allen can come in for EPL matches after/before a big CL gameā€¦ Sterling/Coutinho/Marcovic are all interchangeable.

@ChocolateMice

Is Lallana fit again?

[QUOTE=ā€œfarmerinthecity, post: 1007784, member: 24ā€]@ChocolateMice

Is Lallana fit again?[/QUOTE]

I believe he is, pal. Not sure if he will start this weekend tho.