Liverpool FC 2014/15

Iā€™m revising my points prediction for us down to 58.

It was a tremendous shot and was possibly unsaveable anyway but Mignolet went with his right hand to try and save it when he should have stuck out his left.

Did you knock your drink over that time, cunt?

Fuck that anyway.

I thought Liverpool played well enough in that match and deserved to win. Particularly in the second half.

Then a wonder strike to equalise it.

We could have really done with winning that. Get some momentum going.

Fucks sake

Fair resultā€¦both Liverpool and Everton are very poor at the momentā€¦

But

We won the possession

I see Carragher was out slating Balotelli there recently, any of the Liverpool fans losing patience with this clown yet?

Heā€™s annoying I know but he has retired now.

No.

Turning into a very poor season and unless thereā€™s a serious improvement soon itā€™s going to be over soon.

Pretty sure it wonā€™t end til May, regardless

At the moment we look like Tottenham from this stage last season. Lots of similarities in terms of circumstances with Suarez/Bale leaving and new signings not working.

Brendan has a lot of credit built up from last season but he has to be questioned as none of his buys are working out so far.

We are fucked.

A factory of sadness

Carragher with another scathing attack on Balotelli on the back of last nightā€™s performance. Balotelli has a very long track record now of failing coaches who have invested faith and trust in him. He is a toxic presence in any team, he is as self absorbed and egotistical as you can come across and for far too much of his career many managers have failed to show him the proper discipline needed.

I get a little bit irked when I hear the comparisons with Cassano and Balotelli in Italy, they are polar opposites in character. Cassano genuinely was crazy and impulsive (in the Di Canio mould but worse) and could fly off the handle with all sorts of diatribes at a moments notice and really fuck things up for himself, as his career has progressed he has become better able to manage this. Balotelli is more someone who is not crazy, he is just self-absorbed, loves the limelight and arrogant, their approach to games is completely different - Cassano may not always have been in the best physical shape he could have but he always played with an infectious enthusiasm of a young child, he played like someone who enjoyed football who wanted to get on the ball and create things. Balotelli looks like he doesnā€™t give a fuck, he stands there motionless, sulks around with his hands up in the air, gives stupid fouls away and picks up silly bookings - heā€™s never a guy who you want in the trenches as he gives up without a fight.

To put it simply a great manager wouldnā€™t tolerate him, he has talent both in a technical and physical nature but heā€™s not a team player. A striker has to move, Balotelli does not, he doesnā€™t create space for himself or his team, this is above him. Itā€™s not long now until he will start to play the victim card again, fail to acknowledge that his poor performances are down to his laziness and ego and instead blame other factor. I canā€™t ever see him get back into the Italy setup again with Conte in charge and I for one am glad of that. If Rodgers has any sense then he will freeze him out for the next couple of months and make it abundantly clear that his mentality has to change, too many managers have indulged his poisonous attitude for too long and the penny needs to drop.

Didnā€™t see this last nightā€¦ How did they play??

Shite.

The video clip Rocko posted on the champions league thread sums it up

Agreed. Mario gets pilloried time and time again, yet you have donkeys like Skertel, Gerrard and Manquillo turning over possession time and time again. Mario is far from the problem with that Liverpool team. Rodgers should have pulled the nettle in the summer and bought a proper replacement for Gerrard, heā€™s paying for that mistake now.

Get Gerrard out. Henderson Allen Coutinho or Henderson Can Countinho

Test of B Rod if he will drop Gerrard

Playing a striker who doesnā€™t want to know about it is a major problem. Suarez was breaking all sorts of scoring records in pretty much the same starting XI last season. The difference in attitude and personality between Suarez and Balotelli is staggering.