Liverpool FC 2014/15

Disappointing from @Colin Montgomerieā€™s pal Daniel Taylor in the Guardian and Twitter where he is squarely blaming Safari for the Markovic red card and calling it a hand-off not anything more violent. Markovic didnā€™t just extend his hand gently. He checked twice where Safari was an then had a lash at him with his hand. It was idiotic. He may well have caught Safari on the eye (which looked likely from the replays) and Safariā€™s reaction may not have been overstated in that context. In any event, it was far from the only example last night of a player going down under contact - thatā€™s what players do. What most players try not to do is to strike out an opponent so obviously and carelessly like Markovic did. It was only moments after he had completely bottled a 50-50 at the edge of the Basel box and Iā€™d guess this was his cowardly way of exacting revenge.

On another note, if Liverpool still had Damien Comolli or an equivalent, the blame for Liverpoolā€™s poor season would be heaped on that stupid continental idea of a Director of Football. Instead Liverpool have entrusted the spending of Ā£100m on a coach and a couple of scouts. Itā€™s a ludicrous concept to just assume that an individual with a good track record of coaching players would also be the best person at acquiring players for good value. Other sports and other countries moved on from that model for very good reasons.

Tim Sherwood available?

Wouldnā€™t it have been some joke had these clowns managed to hang on and win the title last year ?

2 of the 9 who joined in the summer playing last night is a bad sign - why sign Moreno and then not play him

Rodgers record in transfer market has been very poor - Coutinho and Sturridge is a very poor hit rate

some interesting selections too - Can has hardly played since he looked good against Chelsea

Strange one with Can alright.

Iā€™m surprised at Danny Taylor.

Justice for the title that slipped away

Not starting Coutinho and Moreno last night was baffling. They were both Rodgersā€™ signings. We had to win last night to progress yet two of our better attacking players in Coutinho and Lallana sat on the bench while Joe Allen started. Rodgers has spent over Ā£200m in his time there which is a staggering amount. If we donā€™t finish top 4 this season (which means finishing ahead of struggling Arsenal and Spurs) then Rodgers must go.

:rolleyes:[QUOTE=ā€œHorsebox, post: 1055824, member: 1537ā€]Not starting Coutinho and Moreno last night was baffling. They were both Rodgersā€™ signings. We had to win last night to progress yet two of our better attacking players in Coutinho and Lallana sat on the bench while Joe Allen started. Rodgers has spent over Ā£200m in his time there which is a staggering amount. If we donā€™t finish top 4 this season (which means finishing ahead of struggling Arsenal and Spurs) then Rodgers must go.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Yes?

Oh I think you know

[ATTACH=full]2049[/ATTACH]

Was this posted yet? Basel took the piss out of Liverpool on Instagram last night. Quite witty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfN1p-3_uiE

You canā€™t say ā€˜weā€™ mate, it has to be ā€˜my belovedā€™.
Unless its celtic, or the roma, or whoever NCC likes these days. I think west ham are involved too.

[QUOTE=ā€œPiles Hussain, post: 1055914, member: 363ā€]You canā€™t say ā€˜weā€™ mate, it has to be ā€˜my belovedā€™.
Unless its celtic, or the roma, or whoever NCC likes these days. I think west ham are involved too.[/QUOTE]

I wont lie, i love the hammers, we are flying this year

Big Sam Allardici is the man.
Next engerland manager if thereā€™s any justice in the game at all.

[QUOTE=ā€œPiles Hussain, post: 1055914, member: 363ā€]You canā€™t say ā€˜weā€™ mate, it has to be ā€˜my belovedā€™.
Unless its celtic, or the roma, or whoever NCC likes these days. I think west ham are involved too.[/QUOTE]
He was acting the cunt so, Piles. I get you.

[QUOTE=ā€œTheUlteriorMotive, post: 1055756, member: 2272ā€]2 of the 9 who joined in the summer playing last night is a bad sign - why sign Moreno and then not play him

Rodgers record in transfer market has been very poor - Coutinho and Sturridge is a very poor hit rate

some interesting selections too - Can has hardly played since he looked good against Chelsea[/QUOTE]

Lallana is the biggest surprise for me. 25 million is a lot of money and heā€™s not worth it but he is easily worth his place.

He picked Lucas and Allen as two defensive midfielders to cover for Gerrard who is past it. No space then for any creative players.

For ā‚¬25 million a player should slot fairly easily into the team and be playing week in week out. ie. Lallana, Moreno, Lovren