Liverpool FC 2014/15

Agreed, he should follow Lampard to the MLS

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6TLjwAIQAAWhQ3.jpg

Back to Gerard Houllier who started it all. Lovely symmetry.

“I could have moved, I could have earned more money and won more things, But this is where I’m going to be living for the rest of my life. This is the club and these are the people who are important to me.”

Steven Gerrard 31 August 2013

[QUOTE=“downyourthroats, post: 1065007, member: 1497”]“I could have moved, I could have earned more money and won more things, But this is where I’m going to be living for the rest of my life. This is the club and these are the people who are important to me.”

Steven Gerrard 31 August 2013[/QUOTE]
Thats a beautiful story.

Just saw the penos liverpool got today. Fucking ridiculous.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1064969, member: 180”]In a matter of months, Jordan Henderson will be the Club Captain of Liverpool FC. Good grief.

Given how well the Lampard experiment is going, I imagine City will snap him up.[/QUOTE]
Stevie and Lamps have been the finest central midfield partnership in world football for over a decade.

Will Gerrard be remembered as the greatest Liverpool player of all time?

No.

Yes.

Good God no.

No. Never won the league. Has to be Dalglish.

Has to be Suarez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGVYid4rkkE

But he was a critical figure in the winning of a European Cup.

But Liverpool don’t just have one European Cup. Just one you can remember properly.

The biggest freak result in the history of the Champions League.

Gerrard diving for a penalty.
Shevchenko having a goal erroneously ruled out.
Dida throwing one into the net.
Shevchenko missing from three yards out.

Should have been 5 or 6 at half time.

True.

But that is always the problem when commenting on best players of all time. You tend to focus on the more recent ones as they are the ones you can properly comment on.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 1065088, member: 2533”]The biggest freak result in the history of the Champions League.

Gerrard diving for a penalty.
Shevchenko having a goal erroneously ruled out.
Dida throwing one into the net.
Shevchenko missing from three yards out.

Should have been 5 or 6 at half time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah yeah

And the one Stoke didn’t get?

Dida was also shocking for the first goal, almost as he if he felt it was going wide.