Liverpool FC 2014/15

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1130708, member: 180”][SIZE=6]Juventus’ Max Allegri: ‘only a madman would take kids to stadiums in Italy’[/SIZE]
• Coach speaks out after Turin derby was marred by crowd trouble
• ‘Unfortunately in Italy we are still behind,’ says Allegri
• Match report: Torino 2-1 Juventus

Torino’s supporters react after a firework explodes during their side’s first Serie A win over Juventus since 1995. Photograph: Marco Bertorello/AFP/Getty Images
Monday 27 April 2015 11.02 BSTLast modified on Monday 27 April 201511.15 BST

The Juventus manager, Max Allegri, has claimed that ‘only a madman’ would take their kids to a football stadium in Italy after their Turin derby defeat over the weekend was blighted by yet more crowd trouble.

Before Torino’s 2-1 victory at the Stadio Olimpico – their first Serie A win over Juventus for 20 years – Torino fans attacked the bus carrying Juve’s players as it approached the stadium, breaking a window. Juventus supporters retaliated by throwing fireworks at their Torino counterparts inside the stadium, injuring several.

It is the latest incident in a lengthy list of crowd trouble in Italy – just this month Roma were ordered to close part of their stadium after fans displayed banners insulting the mother of a Napoli fan who died following clashes between rival supporters last year while black players in Milan’s Under-10 team were allegedly subject to heckling and racist abuse during a match against Paris Saint-Germain.

“I’m sorry [about what happened]. On the pitch we had a match that was fair, manly and compelling,” said Allegri, after watching his side suffer a defeat that means the runaway league-leaders will have to wait a little longer to claim a fourth consecutive Serie A title. “This ought to be important to everyone involved in sports. Unfortunately in Italy we are still behind, and until the responsible parties start to take measures this is how it will be.

“That goes for football but also the country as a whole. We need to improve to bring people back to the stadium and kids first of all, given that only a madman would bring them along with everything that happens today.”[/QUOTE]

Yes. A football stadium is not for kids, it’s one of the reasons why Italian stadiums are so atmospheric.

:smiley:

[QUOTE=“Nembo Kid, post: 1130710, member: 2514”]Murderers
English
Fat
Match Fixers
EPO[/QUOTE]
Politics.ie posters

Those atmospheric empty stadiums are a joy to behold.

+1

10× louder than your average EPL soulless library.

Real fans, real passion.

And Borini?

That’s Il Bomber’s issue.

My own opinion is Borini is a good player who has been badly used at Liverpool. If he had been afforded the same opportunities and faith as Balotelli had this season then Liverpool would have done much better.

No, but it is surely a factor, even if a small one. Most people would be influenced by such things to a greater or lesser extent?

Old Trafford is like croke park. Anfield is like cusack park Ennis beside it, old, delapitated and decaying

It’s quite frustrating watching Cambiasso here and thinking that’s what Gerrard should be at this stage of his career.

Stevie G was never as good as Stevie C, though.

Rodgers. Pros and Cons to him staying in charge.

Pros:

• Good attacking football
  • Progressive tactician. Not afraid to think outside the box or try new systems.
  • Good man manager.
  • Overachieved last season given the expectation levels. Lost top two goalscorers for much of this season.
  • Do not have to start again with another coach having to with Rodger’s players.

Cons:

• Many simply woeful performances this season. Palace, Newcastle, Man Utd at home, Arsenal home and away, Chelsea home, Basel home and away, Villa home and Cup, Hull.
  • Poor transfer record.

This season has been very disappointing although there was a stage where Rodgers looked like turning the season around. It has to be remembered the level of change that occurred this season, particularly in relation to the loss of 50 odd goals last season from SAS. I definitely think Rodgers deserves another season to work with the new players as he has shown that he can create a strong side committed to attack.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1131157, member: 24”]Rodgers. Pros and Cons to him staying in charge.

Pros:

• Good attacking football
  • Progressive tactician. Not afraid to think outside the box or try new systems.
  • Good man manager.
  • Overachieved last season given the expectation levels. Lost top two goalscorers for much of this season.
  • Do not have to start again with another coach having to with Rodger’s players.

Cons:

• Many simply woeful performances this season. Palace, Newcastle, Man Utd at home, Arsenal home and away, Chelsea home, Basel home and away, Villa home and Cup, Hull.
  • Poor transfer record.

This season has been very disappointing although there was a stage where Rodgers looked like turning the season around. It has to be remembered the level of change that occurred this season, particularly in relation to the loss of 50 odd goals last season from SAS. I definitely think Rodgers deserves another season to work with the new players as he has shown that he can create a strong side committed to attack.[/QUOTE]

Simple blueprint to beat Rodgers - sit back and break. Work’s every time… For all his ‘tactics’ the like od Lambert, Bruce, Jose constantly get the better of him

I wouldn’t consider man management one of Rodgers’ main skills.

He deserves another season but you don’t always get what you deserve.

Both Klopp and Benitez are available in the summer and it is my opinion that both those men would like to manage Liverpool for the next few seasons. What managers will be available next summer if Liverpool finish 6th next season under Rodgers?

FSG need to be ruthless now and send Brendan on his way with their best wishes and get Klopp or Benitez in.

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1131188, member: 48”]He deserves another season but you don’t always get what you deserve.

Both Klopp and Benitez are available in the summer and it is my opinion that both those men would like to manage Liverpool for the next few seasons. What managers will be available next summer if Liverpool finish 6th next season under Rodgers?

FSG need to be ruthless now and send Brendan on his way with their best wishes and get Klopp or Benitez in.[/QUOTE]

I always enjoyed Rafa’s time in charge. He fucked up big time on Alonso though.

I can’t make up my mind on Rodgers, sometimes I think he’s a spoofer who was poxed lucky to have Suarez papering over the cracks and sometimes I think he really has something about him.
He’s afraid of upsetting Stevie G which isn’t a great sign of a leader and the fact that we still can’t defend doesn’t say much for him after this length of time.

I would be all for Rafa’s return

I think he has lost the dressing room.

In Brendan We Trust. I think it’s mad to be talking of getting rid of him. Question marks on the defensive side but I think he can get that right (with no real evidence to support that claim). He has done fine having lost Suarez and Sturridge, the thing I probably hold against him most is the punt on Mario.

Liverpool punched way above their weight last year thanks to Suarez. It’s back to reality lads, this is where you belong.