Liverpool FC 2014/15

Sturridge played a large part too. Don’t think he got the credit he deserved last season. Liverpool’s position this season is pretty fair and representative of where we are at. But we are looking up rather than down and I don’t see the others, probably with the exception of Chelsea, as being that far ahead.

Ah here… A fit Sturridge and the club would easily have finished in the top4.

Suarez was the man, he was phenomenal last year. You can’t replace talent like that. Liverpool are at best a team in transition. Realistically they will struggle to get in the top 4 in the foreseeable unless there is serious investment in the squad.

That’s a load of bollocks.

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 1131504, member: 1074”]That’s a load of bollocks.[/QUOTE]next year will be their year

No It’s not. It wasn’t a statement to claim that Liverpool are a great team with Sturridge in it, but rather that the league is utter dog shit, pal. I think they would easily be 9 points better off if they had a striker this year.

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1131513, member: 168”]No It’s not. It wasn’t a statement to claim that Liverpool are a great team with Sturridge in it, but rather that the league is utter dog shit, pal. I think they would easily be 9 points better off if they had a striker this year.[/QUOTE]what games would they have won?

You’re deluded pal if you think that Sturridge on his own would make you a top 4 team. Liverpool are bog standard, you’re level with Spurs ffs :smiley:

All of them

Let’s not go nuts now. I don’t think we’d have won all the matches. But we’d definitely have been in a position to clinch the title this weekend.

Suarez missed the first five games of last season due to suspension. Sturidge scored in 4 of those 5 games, the winning goal in the first 3 games.

He scored 8 goals in the first 9 games last season. Liverpool just didn’t have that back up this year when Sturridge got injured.

Ok, the vast majority of them so

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 1131532, member: 110”]Suarez missed the first five games of last season due to suspension. Sturidge scored in 4 of those 5 games, the winning goal in the first 3 games.

He scored 8 goals in the first 9 games last season. Liverpool just didn’t have that back up this year when Sturridge got injured.[/QUOTE]
That’s because Suarez wasn’t there. No Suarez no party.

Sturridge gone back to the states for more treatment I see, the head must be gone again, he has had another nervous breakdown

Home games to Hull, Sunderland and Everton.

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1131670, member: 168”]Home games to Hull, Sunderland and Everton.[/QUOTE]everton were well on top in that game

Stop…we battered them in one of the drawn games but couldn’t score… it’s all irrelevant now but @Sandymount Red is talking bollocks and I just wont have it.

“Underlying issues” eh? tassotti proven right yet again, it’s a well known fact on the underground scene Sturridge is a nutcase and has suffered mental breakdowns on several occasions
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32547174

[QUOTE=“Tassotti, post: 1132090, member: 361”]“Underlying issues” eh? tassotti proven right yet again, it’s a well known fact on the underground scene Sturridge is a nutcase and has suffered mental breakdowns on several occasions
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32547174[/QUOTE]

Underground scene? Like a fight club?

[QUOTE=“Tassotti, post: 1132090, member: 361”]“Underlying issues” eh? tassotti proven right yet again, it’s a well known fact on the underground scene Sturridge is a nutcase and has suffered mental breakdowns on several occasions
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32547174[/QUOTE]
He’s supposedly very strongly in favour of a yes vote in the upcoming referendum.