Liverpool FC 2014/15

How many kids does Gerrard have?

Don’t accidentally bang your daughter’s head off the roof of the tunnel.

#destiny

Ryan Giggs 13
Steven Gerrard 0

BREAKING NEWS: Raheem Sterling has told Liverpool to get fucked. Carragher is seething on MNF at the moment. Seething.

If sterling wants to go let him off to fuck and take the money

To avoid any confusion that wasn’t a direct instruction to you @Bandage. I realise it’s not your decision to make

Thanks for the clarification, @Fran. I can confirm I haven’t been representing Sterling in contract discussions with Liverpool executives. Carragher was apoplectic that he wants to leave. Liverpool is a family and how can he look the women in reception in the eye when he turns up for work this morning. Neville reckons it’s the horrible influence of agents. Young players should be required to directly negotiate contracts with experienced business people without availing of the services of a professional representative themselves apparently. It will be healthy for them to learn from their mistakes.

His stock won’t be higher. He is a bad hamstring injury away from Shaun Wright PhilLips.

Can’t blame him. 40m sterling contract sets him up for his 20s.

Liverpool took Sterling off QPR as a 15 year old. It is a bit much them complaining about his lack of loyalty.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1143414, member: 2272”]His stock won’t be higher. He is a bad hamstring injury away from Shaun Wright PhilLips.

Can’t blame him. 40m sterling contract sets him up for his 20s.[/QUOTE]
Please clarify whether pun was intended, or not.

I don’t think anybody is naive enough to believe any player is loyal to a club. No manager is either. It’s why kids to a large extent follow players now and not clubs. Success is a 40m contract at 20. In any other walk of life it would be massive massive success. A trophy or a chance to be a club legend is secondary.

Carragher and Neville are making that case as it is reflected glory for them - one club players. Club legends.

Of course. You are not dealing with a lemonade stand forum here pal.

He’s over rated, take the cash and run.

If Liverpool get £40 million for this one trick pony they’ve had a huge result.

Use the cash to raid a financially lesser club for their star player. See no hypocrisy. Rinse and repeat.

Without salary caps football is dying.

Agreed… He’s an injury away from being nothing. Take his pace away and he is fucked.

Good to know. It’s just sometimes you read lads going on about how badly decomposed bodies must have been lying about “for a while”, and you wonder about the general standards. But yeah, thanks for clearing that up.

Liverpool will replace him with Nathan Dyer. You heard it here first.

I am in the minority probably but I don’t think that Sterling’s demands are that excessive. He has been a key player for the last tie seasons and is an English international. His rate on the market would be around 150k I would suggest particularly with the likes of City involved.

I don’t think he is as good as some say but his move to the false 9 role this season was the catalyst for the brief turnaround in my view. He needs to go now though as he clearly doesn’t want to be there and the relationship seems to have completely broken down.

Sterling is a very good player, but the hype is ridiculous. If someone is offering silly money for him then they should cash in.
The only fear I have is they haven’t spent very well in the past when they had it.