Liverpool FC 2015/2016

You couldn’t have described it better, mate.

A piece of piss trip to the Etihad. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

That rolleyes was meant to be a ronnyroar :wink:

1 Like

Give me four Ronny roars, please.

1 Like

The handy run of away games started with a piece of piss trip to Stamford Bridge three weeks ago.

1 Like

A Limerick win tomorrow to top off a perfect week

We will win the league.

3 Likes

Couldn’t help thinking watching proceedings last night how ultimately it was an unlucky and somewhat controversial Boxing Day defeat at Maine Road that ultimately cost Liverpool the title in 2013/14. A huge and potentially title deciding six pointer again on Boxing Day this season with Leicester City visiting Anfield.

Next six league fixtures:

29 Nov - Swansea City (H)
6 Dec - Newcastle (A)
13 Dec - West Brom (H)
20 Dec - Watford (A)
26 Dec - Leicester City (H)
30 Dec - Sunderland (A)

I smell wins. Lots of them.

On paper it looks good for Liverpool. Should be noted though that while Liverpool picked up a very credible 12 from 21 points from the 7 toughest away games of the season, four home games against West Ham, Norwich Southampton, Crystal Palace yielded just 2 from 12 points

Sturridge injured in training prior to Bordeaux game. Foot injury,

He’d nearly want to call it quits at this point and hang up his boots.

I heard he’s had another another breakdown as a result of this

Sturridge is goosed, forget about him

Sturridge must be made of paper machè.

his problem is a mental one, I heard that two years ago from a good source, they’ve tried everything with him, sent him to the states and and all to see a shrink. He suffered a mental breakdown from stress the time they nearly won the league and has never recovered, he’ll never again feature regularly at the highest level

I bet ya Bressie could sort him out.

Klopp on Sturridge: “You have to learn what is serious pain and what is only pain”.

5 Likes

@tassotti called this 2 years ago. Kloppo knows the score.

The modern sportsman is a soft windy cunt. They’d never have survived the cut and thrust of it back in the day.

Our shared past with United was so tangled, so embittered, it consumed me. I was always desperate to play against them, even if there had been more defeats than victories. It seemed different for Daniel Sturridge.

My memories of that game are dominated by the build-up, and Daniel feeling he was touch and go in terms of his fitness and desire to play. Facing Man U without Luis (Suarez) was tough enough, but if we lost Daniel as well, most of our ammunition would be gone.

We stayed at the Hope Street Hotel and had our usual team walk before the match, I positioned myself so that I walked next to Daniel for the whole 15 minutes. I had to try to persuade him to play.

Daniel is one of those people you have to boost sometimes with a “Come on! You’re our main man, just go for it!”. You never needed to say that to Luis. It was as if he was indestructible. Luis doesn’t really do treatment rooms, that’s the Suarez mentality, he’s run through a brick wall for you.

It was yet another of my tasks as captain, but I was probably more like a fan on the walk trying to persuade Daniel, eventually begging him to play. “Alright”, Daniel said, “I’ll give it a go”. At last I could turn my attention to United.

Steven Gerarrd

Jesus Sturridge sounds like a right fucking diva. I came across a few of these players when I was playing, they would wreck your head with their constant whinging and moaning all just to get an ego boost.

1 Like