Liverpool FC 2015/2016

Any of the young fellows stand out? Brannagan?

FAO of @balbec, is this Piotr Zieliński any good?

Should be. Only 21 but has played about 80 games in Serie A for Udinese and Empoli. @Nembo_Kid probably knows more about him. Played at all levels Internationally underage and has 13 full caps.

1 Like

@Fran could have checked his Wikipedia page himself, ffs sake.

2 Likes

That will teach him the next time.

1 Like

What channels are showing the final tonight?

TV3 are anyway.

SETANTA Ireland

And BT Sport. And Youtube I think.

Do Aer Lingus have wifi on their European flights?

Doesn’t appear to be much general interest in this. Essentially two mediocre mid-table sides, 8th in the EPL v 7th in La Liga. I see the stadium its to be played in only has a capacity of 35,000.

I see seville have won this mickey mouse cup 5 times recently. They also managed not to murder any opposing supporter’s in the process

4 Likes

Four times.

No passion

2 Likes

They wouldn’t murder ducks with spuds them lads.

1 Like

Servilla

1 Like

Did we all see the letter one of their fuckwit supporters clubs sent to UEFA?

Sense of entitlement of these self-important knobjockeys.

Email to Michael Heselschwerdt, Head of Club Competitions at UEFA

Dear Michael

I am emailing you on behalf of Spirit Of Shankly, the Liverpool Supporters’ Union, ahead of our Europa League Final match versus Sevilla next Wednesday.

We have previously been in contact with UEFA alongside the Football Supporters Federation and supporters at Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur to address concerns and issues around the allocation of tickets.

_However now that the final is just days away, our attention has rightly shifted to how supporters who make the trip to Basel will be treated and what will be available to them. I understand that UEFA have spoken with LFC but in an age of supporter engagement, we felt it appropriate to contact you direct to raise some specific issues that supporters have brought to our attention. _

We would welcome the opportunity, despite the short notice, to discuss these further. Our issues are listed below. To provide some context, supporters will travel to Basel in large numbers. A European final is an occasion, to be enjoyed and celebrated. Despite our reservations and disappointment about the choice of Basel as the venue, we have to operate within these defined parameters. Supporters will want to enjoy themselves - and the nature of passionate and loyal football supporters, alongside extortionate travel costs, mean many booked early before ticket selling details were announced. It would be naive for us to not expect many supporters to travel without tickets for the match alongside the thousands who do.

With these in mind, could you update us on:

1. Screenings of the match - Do UEFA plan to show the match on large screens in the relevant designated squares? It is safe to assume that Liverpool supporters will vastly outnumber Sevilla supporters. We understand there will be a square designated to supporters of each club and one that remains neutral. We would like to suggest that the match be screened in at least the LFC and neutral square, to provide a focal point for supporters wishing to watch the match.

_2. Transport - Liverpool supporters, due to high costs of travel, will be making their way to Basel via a number of routes across surrounding countries by air and land. Whilst getting into Basel ahead of the game is ‘relatively’ free of problems, supporters face significant problems getting back to where they plan to stay. This is due to the scarcity of available hotels in Basel. Many are staying in surrounding areas, such as Mulhouse over the border into France, Weil am Rhein and Freiburg in Germany, and surrounding towns and cities in Switzerland. There is little or no public transport available to these locations for supporters after the match. Will UEFA be working with local authorities to ensure transport is available for supporters? We have a list of locations provided to us by supporters. _

_3. Policing and Stewarding - Would you be able to update us about plans for policing and stewarding of supporters in Basel? We have worked extensively with police forces in the UK to share supporter issues with them and vice versa which has been beneficial to all sides. It would be useful if we could be updated and involved in plans for the day, such as planned searches, ticket checks, any cordons, etc. _

4. Entertainment - Within the designated squares, supporters have asked questions about the entertainment and facilities that will be provided. What are the plans for these squares? Again we would welcome the opportunity to discuss these with you to ensure they are appropriate and are therefore a success.

_If you would like to discuss any of these further, we are more than willing and able to assist. I look forward to hearing from you. _

Kind Regards

James McKenna

Chair
Spirit Of Shankly

UEFA’s response

Dear James

Thanks for your note.

All the requested information has been made available to the responsible persons at LFC and I would kindly ask you to get in touch with them.

Kind regards

Michael

aka, politely fuck off with yourselves :laughing:

7 Likes

That’s a mugging off

James is in the ELC.

Thinly veiled “we will be heading to the Sevilla fans’ square and murdering the shit out of them if ye don’t put up a big screen”.

3 Likes