Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

Yep.

Sorry to say but Klavan is just another Škrtel…

Jesus i hope to god we snake it the weekend… Always fearful of Mourinho’s tactics, normally spot on against us.

Klopp is cutting off his nose to spite his face in freezing out Sakho.

Skrtel was a very good defender and unfairly much maligned at Liverpool. Selling Skrtel and replacing him with Klavan at a break even scenario was crazy.

Possibly - But the fat burner episode and some behavioural problems led led Klopp to make a decision. I’m sure you’ll agree a manager has to have a code.

Dropping him is one thing. Freezing him out when he’s a better option than the other alternatives is a different matter, particularly when it’s been a problem area.

Not sure firminho has learned his driving lesson judging by his instagram video

Good on his day but prone to way too many fuck ups. I do miss him slapping in a header though to be fair to him, not sure if any of our defenders can do that now…

Very bad positioning sense - and slow as a mule.

Squirtle was a great man

He’d a decent record scoring in big games. Scored a few against City and Arsenal over the year. Was prone to some clangers though, and his best years definitely behind him. Lovren doesn’t do it enough but has an alright header.

Matip scored a thunderbolt of a header against Palace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXvyCRaWEz4

Hopefully he’ll be back Sunday.

I fear for Liverpool in this one (would take a draw now) more so than the home games against Chelsea and Spurs (where the Pool will pick up a minimum of 4 points).

1 Like

Liverpool fan consistently underrated Skrtel. He was a good defender and your best defender for some time.

Solid player.

It wasn’t possible to be a good defender under Rodgers. Skrtel and Agger were decent under Rafa. Rodgers comes in and they all go to shit. Look how bad Lovren became. He’s not good enough but he’s no way as bad as he looked when he arrived. All down to Rodgers and his inability to organise a defence.

You’re not allowed bad mouth Rodgers now as he is the Celtic manager

4 Likes

Hail Hail

Give it time, they’ll suss him out soon enough.

Coutinho, Matip and Henderson all trained yesterday according to Herr Klopp.

Liverpool will be lucky to get out of old Trafford with a draw. I will be watching this game from behind the sofa.

Would you not put the tv in front of the sofa so you can sit down and relax, mate?

2 Likes

I agree…
Matip adds a bit of calm to the defence.

Might only be missing Mane at the end of the day on Sunday. Granted Henderson, Coutinho & Matip might only just be back from injuries.

The nerves are building come on to fuck !