Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

Rodgers was a manager very much learning his trade.

Tell me how Klopp got on in his first crack at the CL?

The new camera angle at anfield is woeful

1 Like

And the atmosphere as well.

Certainly doesn’t compare to The Bridge.

1 Like

Their past glories are fading but when you’re three years in at England’s most successful club and not showing any signs of getting to grips with learning your trade, it’s inevitable you’ll be moved on.

So will Klopp be moved on if he doesn’t crack the CL in this season or next?

I don’t know know what the Liverpool board are demanding of him. I would suspect it’s more than the Top 4, last 16 of the European Cup that deems a season a success at Woolwich. I would imagine that Klopp was given a free pass for last season having taken over after season had begun. This season Top 4 finish, regular European Cup football going forward and a league title by 2018/19.

Why wasn’t Rodgers afforded 4 years for a league title?

Would you agree he was treated hastily?

Because there were signs of decline not improvement

How is finishing 8th in Klopp’s first season a sign of improvent?

Media darling Klopp has lost his last five cup finals too.

2 Likes

Liverpool were regressing under Rodgers in his fourth season. With a manager of Klopp’s calibre in the wings, it was the correct decision.

Amusing that you’re getting all indignant about Rodgers not getting afforded more than 4 seasons when the club you started supporting a few weeks ago Chelsea have fired something like 11 managers in 12 seasons and that’s with a European Cup, a UEFA Cup, 4 league titles and 4 FA Cup wins in that 12 year period.

1 Like

I’m not indignant, I’m just teasing out your double standards, you’re the one defending Guidolin being sacked after a run of 6 games without a win but calling for four seasons for Klopp to get it right.

Bizarre, but that’s your modus operandi.

FAO of @Rocko

Serious question here, Why were the likes of @ProjectX & HBV banned for supposedly spamming the forum and @Nembo_Kid can get away with it?

I’m not saying that he doesn’t have a genuine point here, but he’s flogged this horse to death and other posters would be banned or at least asked to desist.

Now there are others who should know better not to engage with him but that’s another story

1 Like

You’ve answered it yourself.

I have a point, it’s the Holocaust deniers who should be dealt with.

No, mate…This is Klopps first season.

It’s his second.

You have a point, this season will not be deemed a success if Klopp finishes outside the top 4 but let it go.

I believe the Liverpool board looked on an 8th place finish as a lucky omen. Liverpool finished 8th in 1962/63, the first season Bill Shankly had a crack at the top flight with Liverpool. Shankly didn’t too badly after that in the seasons that followed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9uHhLe6WE0

:smile: