Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

Agreed and people who say that not finishing in the top 4 is not a disappointment and underachieving have definitely been duped and softened by his character.

United and City are struggling, Liverpool have no European football to contend with - he has a superb chance to get 4th this season and if he doesn’t then he should quite rightly be under pressure.

2 Likes

Are you saying Liverpool should have persevered with Rodgers and not have gone for one of the top managers in Europe in Klopp who was available at the time?

No.

I’m saying that Klopp should be judged on the expectations placed on him.

Failing to make the top 4 was not good enough under Rodgers, it certainly shouldn’t be good enough under Klopp when he has came in with a big fanfare and a massive contract.

You are basing a load of your argument on a season not yet finished. Who here has said that not finishing in the top 4 wouldn’t be a disappointment? And why do you persist in saying he will have the same record as Rodgers when the season hasn’t finished? You’ve made your point, why do you have to keep going on and fucking on. You’re an awful bore. If they finish lower than Rodgers tenure, come back and tell everyone you were right, (although you certainly won’t need prompting to do so)

1 Like

My argument is with those who have their pre-emptive excuses in for Klopp in the event he does not meet expectations.

I don’t know what will happen but I do know what should be acceptable and what should not in the wide context of the matter at the close of season.

Is it really? Could you outline it again for me, I’ve forgotten all what you said…

Liverpool currently lie in 3rd place in the table in Klopp’s first full season at the helm. That’s considerable progress from the awfulness of Rodgers tenure post 2013/14.

1 Like

All we have seen from the KOKs have been excuses of how Liverpool cannot compete for a title as they are:

a) Not good enough
b) Don’t have the depth
c) Don’t have the resources to match Chelsea, United or City
d) Their defence is poor
etc etc

There is no reason why Liverpool should not be competing for titles, there is no reason why Liverpool finishing outside the top 4 should not be seen as a failure - particularly when Liverpool have the luxury of not having European football this season.

If Rodgers tenure of 7th, 2nd and 6th was not deemed good enough for Liverpool then his successor, a big name on a bumper contract should certainly be under severe pressure if he follows up an 8th place finish with another finish outside the top 4. Would you not agree?

The problem is the KOKs have already their excuses in in the event that this unfolds, they have been consumed by the Kult of Klopp that they can not judge his perfomance objectively.

Fucking hell.

And likely 4th by tomorrow with the same Achilles heel of soft goal concessions and letting leads slip every much as prevalent as it was under Rodgers, only this time the manager is earning a much higher salary with much bigger expectations.

The kult of klopp klowns on here are krazy

2 Likes

Some Liverpool supporters are getting very defensive and touchy when their double standards are exposed.

3 Likes

It’s like some sort of kult.

2 Likes

Klopp signing his contract in the summer.

@Nembo_Kid sudden bigging up of Rodgers is curious. Its hardly anything to do with the fact that he’s now ended up managing the club side of choice for barstool republicans. When Rodgers fate was all but sealed by the calamitous 0-3 home defeat to West Ham on 29 August 2015 last season, he didn’t have very kind words to say about Brendan.

6 Likes

I’m not bigging up Rodgers, mate - nor am I deriding Klopp.

I’m merely calling into question the bizarre double standards applied between two managers.

Klopp deserves a bigger wage than Rogers. He’s achieved more. Should be basic enough to understand. Let’s not forget that a lot of these are Rogers players. My one minor gripe with Klopp is that he’s still giving the likes of Mignolet, Can and Lovren chances. Klopp doing well to have them
where they are.

And Rodgers had to take the carnage of the post Benitez and Dalglish era. The likes of Carroll, Johnson, Enrique, Downing, Henderson (major flop in his first season). That happens to be a matter for every manager.

With a bigger wage, comes bigger expectations. If no CL football wasn’t good enough for Rodgers then it will hardly cut if for Klopp.

1 Like

The Cult of Conte is known as the COC, I presume?

Other English football managerial cults include:
The Cult of Pochettino (COP)
The Cult of Wenger (COW)
The Cult of Guardiola (COG)
The Cult of Mourinho (COM)
The Cult of Koeman (COK)

This year’s title race now looks to be a case of the COC standing proud unless the COP chase or the Kop chase are successful, or the COC makes a balls of it. But the COW will certainly milk things if they can prevail. The COG looks to have failed badly.

It won’t and if Klopp doesn’t deliver European Cup football, he’ll be moved on. Again, you come from the Chelsa/Abramovich school of instant gratification. Klopp in his first full season at the helm has Liverpool in European Cup places and you’re basically calling for his head.

Liverpool just didn’t win big games under Rodgers because he didn’t have the tactical acumen and was viewed as having an inferiority complex when he came up against the elite managers… Even in Rodgers big season of 2013/14, Liverpool lost 3 of the 4 games to their title rivals Chelsea and Man City. In 2014/15, Liverpool won 1 of 8 games against sides that finished in Top 4. Rodgers won something like 1 in 7 Merseyside derbys, a fixture that Liverpool have utterly dominated for last 15 years or so. On Rodgers one foray into the European Cup, it was a disastrous campaign where Liverpool couldn’t emerge from a very soft group that included Basle and Ludogorets.