Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

No idea how Klopp got on in his first season in the European Cup. Don’t follow the fortunes of Dortmund that closely. Whey don’t you use some research tools to find out? I do know alright that he reached the final at Wembley in his second season of European Cup football. 13th in the league to back to back Bundesliga titles and a European Cup final in the space of 5 years, good going. If you or Mr Abramovich were directing proceedings at Dortmund, no doubt you’d have fired Klopp after a 6th place finish in his first season and a 5th place finish in his second season.

Brendan Rodgers opened his second campaign of European Cup football by guiding former European Cup holders Celtic to defeat in Gibraltar to the amateurs of Lincolon Red Imps.

I’ll tell you how they got on, Geoff.

They exited in the group stage, bottom of their group on 4 points.

No great shame in that, I just find it bizarre that you would use Rodger’s first crack at the CL as stick to beat him with but have no comment regarding Klopp’s first attempt.

But on Rodgers 2nd attempt in the CL they exited the group on 3 points

1 Like

And was their teams of the calibre of Basel of Switzerland and Ludogorets of Bulgaria in Herr Klopp’s Dortmund pool?

Celtic were fourth seeds in the group.

Are you mocking Basel?

So? Can you not just agree that klopp has a much better record in the CL than Rodgers?

Rodgers only had one crack at it with Liverpool, he didn’t do well.

Klopp’s first crack with Dortmund didn’t go well too.

I think Celtic performed relatively well this season when you put the campaign in context.

What context is that. They were shit and badly exposed once out of the SPL little pond.

1 Like

He got Celtic in the group stage for the first time in three years.

We started out as 4th seeds against teams crammed with high level international players, City and Barcelona have pleny of players in their ranks who cost more than the entire Celtic first team squad and for the most part (excluding the first game with Barca) were competitive in all.

Would Dortmund not have been fourth seeds as well when they got knocked out? They hadn’t made an impact in Europe for a long time before that

Neil Lennon did better than Rodgers in Europe

Art, you obviously arent a football fan.quit the wumming

So Celtic were humiliated by Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar, failed to win a group game and overall had a campaign that was way down on what Martin O’Neill, Gordon Strachan and Neil Lennon delivered. You’re not demanding too much of Brendan if that amounts to relatively well.

He did.

Rodgers has done better than Klopp in the EPL.

How did the coefficents work back then

What’s the coefficient of Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar?

What does the defeat with Lincoln Red Imps matter?

He qualified for the group stage after a 3 year absence. He didn’t take over from Lennon, O’Neill or Strachan either.

How did the spurs manager you rate so highly do in the CL this year

1 Like

Just looked it up, Dortmund were also a fourth seed in their first go at the Champions League so that point is invalid