Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

Holocaust deniers usually have a problem with me.

It is noteworthy in the context of the question asked by @dodgy_keeper. He’s asked why are football games not postponed on the date of the Heysel anniversary. I have pointed out, that the only game that could conceivably be going ahead on that date is the European Cup Final. In 1996 (when the final was held in Rome) and there was the potential for a clash if played on its more traditional slot of the last Wednesday in May,the final was played on 22 May 1996.

All losses this season have been when Matip wasn’t playing.

1 Like

And Sakho.

No, but by your logic Hillsborough is nothing to do with the South Yorkshire Police.

But then you’re a bit dim so you wouldn’t realise that’s the obvious implication of the point you’re making.

There’s few clubs with a supporter base who bellow out their approval of the holocaust like the support of Chelsea, the club you started following a few weeks ago.

The spammers need to go now. Attacking a manager in his first full season with a club and it only just over the half way mark is bizarre… He’s had to come in and take over a pile of shit from Rodgers and without the money of Conte, Mourinho, Pep… It’s very early days, let’s give him a chance.

The European Cup final was usually played on the last Wednesday in May in odd numbered years and earlier than that (usually the second last Wednesday) in even numbered years due to the proximity of major international finals tournaments.

The 1991 final was played on May 29th.

The 2002 final was played on May 15th due to the World Cup starting on May 31st.

That was the last time prior to the move to a Saturday final that May 29th was a Wednesday.

Since the move to a Saturday final, 2010 is the only time that the 29th has been a Saturday and the final was on the 22nd due to the proximity of the World Cup in South Africa.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens in 2021 when one would expect the final to be staged on Saturday May 29th - although the 2015 and 2017 finals were/will be staged on June 6th and June 3rd respectively, so June 5th will also be a contender - students of the dates of sporting fixtures and historical patterns relating to such will have to wait to see if the staging of the final on the first Saturday in June in odd numbered years will become the norm…

1 Like

I’m not attacking the manager.

I’m attacking the likes of you who has their pre-emptive excuses in for Klopp in the event he fails.

Klopp has been in the job 16 months now. He was three points behind the eventual champions (little old Leicester City) when he took charge last season and had 30 games left to change that gap around.

1 Like

All wins this season have been when Sakho wasn’t playing

3 Likes

I’m not reading the last 250 messages, what was the score between Liverpool and the Jacks?

Rules of this thread according to Fran

• No criticism of Klopp
  • No highlighting the Kult of Klopp
  • Empathy to be shown for the victims of hillsborough
  • No mention of Heysel
6 Likes

A Mickey Harte fan trying to lecture people on successful management. You couldn’t make it up

4 Likes

Klopp took over with a quarter of the season gone. He took over someone else’s team who had been playing a certain way for 3.5 seasons. Ranieri was over the team he built, playing his way with the benefit of preseason… The fact you can overlook all that raises questions about your football knowledge… Every manager in the world will talk about the importance of working with a team in preseason. You’ll keep changing language to try and make things black and white, yes or no, but life doesn’t work like that my friend.

Klopp was just saying that in response to Mourinho saying that Man Utd dominated the game. Every good manager throws a big lad up top if they’re losing with a few minutes to go. Even Guardiola at Barca regularly put Pique up when they were in desperate need of a goal in games such as when he scored against Inter.

And by the way this mightn’t suit the Man Yoo fan view but Klopp was completely right in what he was saying. Man Yoo spent all the second half at least booting the ball up to Zlatan. Nothing wrong with that but don’t shit your pants when someone points it out

sounds like somebody is making excuses

" it was impossible for klopp"

" it was an open goal for claudio to win the league with the foxes"

mental shit

1 Like

He built?

Only Kante, Fuchs and Okazaki were Ranieri signings who played a notable role under in the league win. The rest were all there under Pearson.

Ranieri also took over a Roma team after they lost their two opening games to the season and missed out on a title to Mourinho’s treble winners by two points

You like to make excuses for Klopp.

Bang on the money

1 Like

Ranieri Leicester are in an awful state this season. It’s great managers that can keep players grounded after success and come back and win again like Klopp did with Dortmund when they retained their Bundesliga title in 2011/12.

Leicester have no real tradition, mate. That was their first ever league title.

Dortmund have a rich tradition and were former CL holders.

Did you ever come back to me on how Klopp got on in his first season in the CL?