Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

I was under the impression that Rodgers finished 7th in his last full season there?

Take your trolling elsewhere, fella.

1 Like

Suarez. Rodgers was quickly found out once Luis left. If Klopp was manager he’d have won the league that time.

What do you expect from a lad knocking back the Stella? He’s all for fighting…

1 Like

Nothing to suggest he would have.

Klopp is the new Wenger.

Liverpool have issues

That would still be higher than Klopp’s season finish with Liverpool to date.

Which was still higher than where they were when Rodgers left

Nothing to suggest Rodgers couldn’t have done it.

He’s a better manager than Rodgers. Liverpool came close because Chelsea, Man United and Man City weren’t up to much. Suarez nearly got them there but he ran out of steam about March time.

Klopp is living on past glories.

He’s the new Wenger.

There wasn’t but there was evidence to suggest that Liverpool were going backwards under Rodgers. So far they have gone sideways under Klopp which obviously isn’t what they hoped for but Dortmund were also going sideways under Klopp for a while before they won two Bundesliga’s and got to a Champions League Final. I think Rodgers is a good manager and did a good job at Liverpool overall btw

Rodgers was sacked because it wasn’t good enough.

Klopp coming in and getting £7m a year, being made the 6th highest paid manager in world football and being unable to improve what the previous manager was given the road for is damning. No skirting around that.

Wait guys, here’s Klopp. I’ll let him sate you with his “refreshing honesty”.

Did he explain this?

Rodgers was a spoofer as Liverpool manager.

You can say what you want about Klopp but he is the king of “refreshingly honst” post match interviews.

His wages are irrelevant. High wages don’t mean that you will automatically get it right straight away. His interview skills are also irrelevant. Why don’t you address the facts in my post such as his experience of taking a long time to get it right at Dortmund?

No he just sold the KOKs a few soundbites about how it wasn’t good enough that will suppress their ire and reinforce their confidence in him.

Every manager would like a long time.

The bottom line is very few get it and Klopp has no divine right to get it either. Liverpool have been a rabble and his wages do matter. He’s not on £7m a year to finish outside the top 4.

They’d all like a long time, not many have a track record of eventually having a sensational impact at a club when given that time like Klopp has