Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

Not many have a record of being given that chance in the first place.

Klopp has shown no signs of being able to replicate that here at Liverpool either, they are a shambles right now.

He finished 5th and 6th in his first two seasons in the Bundesliga, I doubt there was many signs that Dortmund would win the Bundesliga with a then record points total the following season then either

So blind faith of history repeating itself is the reason to keep Klopp on rather than substantive evidence based on his job at Liverpool so far.

Maybe Liverpool should have kept Rodgers on the basis of him repeating his title charge in his second season, particularly when it was a second half of the season surge after an indifferent first half showing.

Said it last week

Can we go back to talking about @ChocolateMice’s stag in Tipp town as per the thread title?

Not blind faith. Faith based on past experience

Maybe they should have hired Howard Wilkinson, he won a league title in the past.

You’re complaining about Rodgers getting sacked while at the same time wanting a manager who has proven himself to take a while to get things right to be under pressure if he doesn’t do well in the short term

I was in Tipp town today. They’re getting the bunting out!

1 Like

I’m not complaining about Rodgers getting sacked.

I’m merely pointing out the double standards in treatment between the two. Rodgers came as close to anyone Liverpool have had in winning in an EPL title and he was sacked little over a season later. Klopp came in and has failed to build on Rodgers work a season and half in the job.

Look just let him be, he and a few more are hurting deep down because the manager of their favourite team is a Liverpool reject and the only way to deal with this is to run the replacement of their Liverpool reject manager to make them feel better about themselves.

How do you build on something which had already gone massively downhill?

Improve which Klopp hasn’t done yet.

8th place last season and season over in January this season.

Got to the Europa League Final last season as well

And lost.

1 Like

Same as finishing 2nd in the league I suppose?

2 Likes

They just haven’t taken it down (for about 20 years)

No. The Premier League is the bread and butter, day in, day out - it takes a lot more consistency.

Still won nothing for it

Neither has Klopp.