Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

I meant he inherited Rafa’s players. Skrtel, Agger, Johnson and Reina. Kenny didn’t meddle too much with them.

You must be absolutely seething with Klopp inheriting a centre back grouping of Lovren, Skrtel, Sakho and Touré but ending up playing Lucas as a centre back and instructing him to play a high line.

3 Likes

Klopp doesn’t seem to have improved the defence to any great degree but he hasn’t made them worse. Rodgers spent the following on “improving” the defence; Lovren 20m, Sakho 18m, Moreno 12m, Mignolet 9m. Klopp has brought in Karius who appears to be a dud for 5m, Klavan for another 5m (he was only brought in when Gomez got injured) and he one of his first signings was Matip on a free. The Rogers v Klopp argument is nonsense anyway, Klopp was and is a better manager and Liverpool are better off with him even if from a purely financial viewpoint.

Although I’m a fan of Klopp’s and willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, him buying shit players, refusing to spend money and reducing the size of a thin squad is not a defence for him, it is a stick to beat him with.

2 Likes

You’re an out and out KOK.

Klopp has a worse record as Liverpool manager than Rodgers and he earns significantly more than him.

1 Like

Every manager buys shit players. Rodgers bought them at top dollar. Klopp buys in the bargain basement. His biggest signing, Mane, has been ok, think he’s top scorer and top for assists. Wijnaldum is hit and miss. And we don’t know if there are restrictions on his transfer budget.

He’s the best manager we could attract. Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and City are better now than when Rodgers was in charge yet Rodger’s couldn’t beat them. Klopp’s record against the top teams is fantastic. His problem seems to be getting consistency or beating teams who park the bus. If he was to be sacked as some loons are suggesting, who would they suggest as his replacement?

The dogs in the street know Liverpool’s biggest problem area is defence and has been for years. So Klopp spends around €57 on 2 centre halves and a keeper who, surprise surprise, turn out to be shit. That’s on Klopp, mike.

Klopp didn’t spend 57m, he spent 10m on two centre halves and a goalie. He thinks he can make silk purse from a sow’s ear. He may have to rethink. He defo needs a reliable keeper.

I didn’t say €57m, I said €57. Spend peanuts, get monkeys, bro.

8 Likes

:laughing:

Game, set and match.

A bit like this forum.

Fuck ya

That logic doesn’t work for defenders. An awful lot of the best defenders in the world over the last ten years were bought for peanuts

1 Like

Right so if you have a free scoring team with a porous defence and a brutal keeper the logical thing to do is spend big money on more attacking players and peanuts on the defence and a new keeper?

Okily dokily.

even Carra has had enough

It’s only football, mate.

I agree :clown_face:

So Klopp has completely failed with his defence?

Is Carragher an Everton fan?