Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

Would you stop … All you have to do is drop a simple little one liner about how unfair x is on Klopp and you’ll have the other fella dancing sideways. It’s beyond boring at this stage… I actually feel sorry for him, and a number of other posters, as the last few months have highlighted that some lads live very lonely lives.

Getting back to Liverpool… When you see Klopp having to rely on Moreno and some spotty kid to save the day, it shows what he is up against in turning the clubs fortunes around. There’s no doubt if the owners back him with cash like the likes of Conte and Mourinho have been, he’ll walk the league.

1 Like

Would you stop…the KOKs want to have it every which way to denigrate Rodgers and exaggerate Klopp’s achievements. Rodgers gets no credit from them for his part in developing the likes of Suarez and Sterling - players who improved markedly under his management. Instead it’s airbrushed out of history and they tell us he had nothing to do with it and these players did it on their own in spite of him.

The basic fact is that Rodgers took over a mess post Daglish while Klopp was fortunate to assume control after Rodgers. Klopp has a worse record than Rodgers but the German’s jovial japery seems to give him a free pass with the KOKs. It’s only the likes of Didi Hamann calling him out as far as I can see and the response of KOKs has been to get stuck into him and demand that the club not use him for any ex-player events.

1 Like

Choosing to…

Not “having to”.

2 Likes

There’s very big doubts on Klopp to astute readers of football. He has been there a season and a half and they are still defensively shambolic.

Cultists like you are so entrenched you can’t see the wood from the trees. With the resources available and money invested in him, there is no doubt he is underachieving. His ability to dupe naive fans with ‘honest’ interviews is what is keeping the pressure off him.

:joy:

It’s not even fun anymore.

What’s most amusing about this is how important it is to the Celtic brigade. The need to go back in time and save Rodgers from past vilifications even though you thought he was shite as a Liverpool manager.

5 Likes

BINGO

Bottom line is that he’s trying to rebuild his career in a shitty little league.

2 Likes

Are you using the plural “you”? I never thought Rodgers was shite as Liverpool manager. I’m very open to @GeoffreyBoycott having another trawl through posts but I’ve always considered him a brilliant training ground coach. He doesn’t have to deal with the “transfer committee” and a number of different executives making plays for power at Celtic like which was inflicted upon him at Liverpool so that makes a better and more secure relationship with the board. I think he’s improved his man-management skills and Celtic are seeing the benefit of a really rounded manager now though he probably doesn’t have to deal with egotistical players like Jamie Carragher trying to make difficulties for him behind the scenes.

I’m just looking for the KOKs to be consistent. If they’re arguing that Rodgers shouldn’t get credit for taking Liverpool’s title challenge to the final day of the season because he had Suarez in his team then they should similarly acknowledge that Klopp shouldn’t get credit for, say, getting Dortmund to the Champions League final because he had Lewandowski in his side.

2 Likes

Klopp made Lewandowski , Suarez made Rodgers.

A shame Klopp can’t make anyone these days.

Yes I am. You @Rocko and @Nembo_Kid to be precise. In fairness, you’re possibly the least contradictory of the 3 of you. But if Rodgers had never managed Liverpool you wouldn’t give 2 fucks what the press thought of him.

You’re lying. I set up the “Good luck with everything Brendan Rodgers” thread well before he ever came to manage Celtic and I’m a long time admirer of his work.

I’m clearly not. You see it as a slight on Celtic for some reason. And you can’t let it go. So despite having a wonderful life with a balcony overlooking the home of the irish football team and a girlfriend who seems to like sport you just can’t let it go. Seething.

1 Like

You’re just making things up now to deflect from being the forum’s first Manchester United supporting KOK member.

3 Likes

The only thing which could be made up in that post is you having a girlfriend. Everything else is firmly evident through your postings on tfk.

1 Like

I only argued that Rodgers shouldn’t get credit for finishing 2nd in response to Nembo saying Klopp shouldn’t get credit for getting to the Europa League Final

Rodgers’ downfall was his inability to organise a defence. His first game in charge was a 3-0 loss away to WBA even though he inherited a relatively stable defence from Rafa . Rodgers, at one time had one of the most expensive defences assembled in club football (He bought Lovren, Sakho and Moreno for a combined £50m) but they were still hopeless at the back.
Without Suarez Liverpool would never have come close to winning the league that year. Of course Rodgers has to take some credit for getting them so close but without Suarez he was unable to cope and was correctly sacked. A good manager does not rely on one player. His character would also have to be called in to question after accepting a handy number in Scotland rather than a real challenge.

Hodgson and then Daglish came after Rafa, mate.

2 Likes

He has 10 KOKs making the same point over and over again. All he is doing is correcting them

1 Like