Liverpool FC 2021/22

The 4-3 is one of the most iconic PL games of all time, it kickstarted the Klopp-Guardiola rivalry. Without that, City would have had a strong chance to go invincible. Then the title race game in 2019 where Sane got the winner and the goal line clearance was a very memorable game. The one in Anfield that year wasn’t in fairness. The year after, Liverpools 3-1 win was massive, with the controversial referee calls. Liverpool racing into a quick 2-0 lead. It really ignited Liverpool’s title triumph. This year’s game was quite memorable. 2-2 with all second half goals, including Salah’s stunner. This one in April is and will be one of the most anticipated of all time

6 Likes

Didn’t city win the league by 13 points last year and I’m not sure Liverpool even finished second?

The previous season Liverpool won the league by 20 points? So that doesn’t really stack up?

I don’t recall any of those games tbh. I don’t really ever recall Man City being involved in a memorable game since Kompany scored the winner against man united in 2012.

Chelsea v Liverpool was a big game in 2014 tbf. After that it’s been slim pickings in my opinion.

A series of the highest quality Premier League games there’s ever been.

2 Likes

I don’t think this Man City side will be remembered at all.

They’ll be remembered more for their melt downs in Europe than any of the records they’ve set.

1 Like

That wasn’t what you said though. You’re just vexed that your beloved manyoo are an irrelevance these days.

I think most people will remember them as massive games anyway. I think it’s more the unseen level both teams have been on for the last few years, city reaching 100 and 98 in back to back years and Liverpool reaching 99 and 97 in back to back years. Both teams could easily pass 90 this year again. It’s crazy shit. They are two of the greatest managers and teams of all time

1 Like

I’m not vexed about man united. It’s part and parcel of sport. Nobody stays at the top forever.

1 Like

Agreed that they need to win a CL to really be remembered that way. Klopp did it, Tuchel has done it, Pep is the only one left right now out of the big 3

FFS one Big Ears between them.

But when you say Man City are a great team they aren’t really a team. It’s just a different collection of players constantly rotating. There’s no real consistent figures that stand out as I said like a Terry, lampard etc.

It’s a relentless pace.

1 Like

Man City are faceless and soulless. You can’t really hate them. Nobody really has a rivalry with them.

Can someone remind the footix that football didnt start with the EPL

The great Arsenal United rivalry that lasted from 97 or so to 2005 only had one big ears too. Liverpool have been in two finals and city in one in only the 4 years so far of the rivalry. They are hard to come by

2 Likes

The young fellas are playing Juventus in the QF at 3pm today. on lfctv

people still remember the fergie team of the 95/96, in spite of their european capitulation to rotor volgograd

I think it is fair to say Liverpool and City have a rivalry at the moment. Some great games and league battles between them.

And the Champions League tie in 2018 when Liverpool were waiting in the long grass for City. Think it was Gavin Cooney of the 42 who tweeted around that time saying he had gnawing doubts about Liverpool’s 4-3 win against City the previous January. He had no doubts I’d say after we smashed them 5-1 on aggregate.

2 Likes

well done mate, you and the Liverpool oirish footix really got one over gavin cooney that time

2 Likes