Liverpool FC 2021/22

ā€œWeā€™re better than thatā€ nearly more classist than the chant :joy:

1 Like

The spurs fans donā€™t do what the Chelsea fans do at anfield anyway, no surprise they only sing about having money

The hyphen lessens the impact, makes it look like a gap year pr student issued the statement

Sure youā€™ve idiot footix in Ireland going around on the internet firing out terms like ā€˜murderersā€™, ā€˜bin dippersā€™ and constantly referencing Heysel. I would say their UK counterparts are embarrassed by Paddy Footix

6 Likes

Sure youā€™ve a fella above calling everyone footix and he going around reading Spurs fan statements, about a league he supposedly has no interest in. A lot of weirdos out there.

1 Like

An EPL obsessiveā€¦ Not unusual for someone who reads the Star I suppose.

1 Like

Political correctness gone mad.

:slight_smile:

the footix up in arms

1 Like

Have they banned Spurs fans from calling themselves ā€œYidsā€?

Klopp was in great form at his press conference today.

2 Likes

Is Fearr an Star :joy::joy:

Sure when youā€™re at the Rovers game in sailing gear you need one item of paraphernalia to blend in with the locals.

A club and league only for wankers according to himself

Fireworks is it?

Weird post. Bin dippers is obviously a nasty thing to say, and is a dig at the prosperity of the city. Itā€™s fiction. But Heysel did in fact happen. 39 people died. Liverpool fans bear a huge amount of blame. Equating fiction with fact in order to distract from the uncomfortable reality of Liverpools past is bizarre. Itā€™s reminds me of when Sid felt the worst thing about Heysel was the performance of the referee.

Itā€™s not a weird post @Juhniallio

I think people constantly referencing it 37 years later, whether in grounds or on the internet, is strange and inflammatory, and frankly a tad weird. I would think the only ones with any kind of right to act that way would be families of the deceased and/or Juventus people. But using it on the Internet as an argument ā€œbutā€¦ butā€¦but Heyselā€ is strange behaviour. Bar Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish, who are currently club ambassadors, Iā€™m not sure if LFC have one person from that era still involved in the club. Iā€™d be surprised if even the two famous dinner ladies were there then.

Absolutely, Liverpool fans were responsible for deaths. And they were tried and found guilty for that too. The club got a ban from Europe, and other English clubs and their supporters suffered as a result too. But explain to me its relevance in 2022 in relation to matters on and off the field on a forum populated by primarily Irish men?

And yes, poverty does exist moreso in Liverpool than many other cities in Liverpool. Thatā€™s why comments like bin dippers are offensive.

1 Like

Iā€™d say its a natural enouvh response to Liverpool fans who constantly reference the clubā€™s history and how wonderful they are as fans. You trying to disassociate liverpool from it is ridiculous. While there may not be many players left(id imagine there are more than those 2), there are no doubt fans who were there still supporting the club. Itā€™s often pointed out here how ridiculous it is that lads would take all this seriously and i completely agree(i happily engage in the liverpool abuse on occasions). While i readily accept that some man united fans are racist, as is often referenced here, you need to accept that a big part of liverpools legacy is that its fans were to blame for the death of 39 people at Heysel. It detracts from the best fan in the world thing a bit.
You taking offense at irish lads abusing liverpool city for itā€™s poverty is the most bizarre thing of all maybe. You donā€™t take offence at the amount of abuse tipperary takes on here and youā€™re from there.

Ok lads, calm down. Itā€™s only football.

Murderer

Iā€™ll piss on you after I kill you