Liverpool FC 2021/22

Soz, was a bit anxious before a visit to the dentist.

god speed bro

yeah thats true. But the fact remains that whilst entirely at fault for the response units, the policing and the general handling of the Hillsborough tragedy, the government tried blame fans rather than try get the problem sorted and ensure it never happened again. And due to not reacting to Hillsborough in the right way, these issues were never addressed. It also brought about the “Hillsborough Law” which @ChairmanDan will be happy to see Tottenham Hotspurs support considering their near miss at the same ground some years previous.

I can see why it may jar, without knowing the right word, but at the same time they are in a city with multiple people who both suffered through long term issues and lost family members. They got zero justice only abuse. So they have fought for justice. The same fight for justice wasnt their place for the Heysel disaster. Liverpool fans caused Heysel. It was a very easy way for the government and police then to just simply blame them for Hillsborough then. Which is entirely wrong. And some even will say it was karma for Liverpool fans, which is also a truly horrible thing to say.

agreed, that is beyond the pale

I’m not talking about Hillsbrough. I’m talking about the booing of the Duke of Cambridge and our National Anthem.

1 Like

Sounds like the Duke is quite the footix. Arbitrarily chose a club he’d no connection to because they had a great history.

Speaking to the BBC during the 2015 FA Cup final, William said: “I was looking around for clubs.

“All my friends at school were either Man United fans or Chelsea fans and I didn’t want to follow the run of the mill teams”

William explained he chose to support Villa because he wanted “those rollercoaster moments.”

He added: “I wanted to have a team that was more mid-table that could give me more emotional rollercoaster moments.

“Aston Villa’s always had a great history

If people of Liverpool feel that booing the Anthem and aiming that at the establishment gets their point across, then fair play to them. Its an English issue for them and the people of the city. I do find it strange however that whilst the English people are in general aghast at all this booing of the National Anthem, they see no problem whatsoever in booing opponents national anthem. Seems a little odd to me. I dont ascribe to booing national anthems in general myself and wouldnt feel a need to do so, but if others want to do it, leave them off.

1 Like

do you think paddy footix should boo it?

do you think @mikehunt booing it in a pub in rathoath is weird?

@mikehunt is as scouse as they come and was fucking pints at the TV screen and jumping on the bar when he saw the lanky baldy cunt meeting the players. He was fine once he calmed down but then “God save the Queen” started and he was gone again. Booing and roaring abuse. A passionate man for the reds so he is.

But no, its not paddy footixs battle. Its for the city of Liverpool, including the Toffees.

2 Likes

It’s drunken louts not knowing how to behave themselves. Stop making them out to be Rosa Parks or Mahatma Ghandi.

Liverpool fans not behaving themselves on Cup Final day has been going on for a long time now. Back in 1988 against Wimbledon, there were shameful scenes as they drowned out the traditional Cup Final hymn Abide With Me with their drunken chanting and that mawkish Gerry and the Pacemakers pop song.

Could be worse.

Could be following Scottish shite.

The patched up reds struggle on

The Ox surely out the door in the summer

1 Like

Running on fumes. You’d take a scrappy one nil, but up against it

2 Likes

Definitely.

Great to see Taki lad getting a game. I’d say he’s a thoroughly alright sort.

A Minaminolist line up.

1 Like

Harvey Elliott lad must be in contention for Paris

Really big game tonight guys.
So if ye don’t mind putting a sock in this thread we’d really appreciate it, ta

1 Like

Down to the bare bones.