Liverpool FC 2021/22

Excellent point.

I would think under normal circumstances, one of the front 3 (more than likely Mane or Salah) would be gone by now. In the past, they would have wanted to leave themselves but now they are with a manager and a squad that’s won a CL and EPL in the previous three seasons. There’s been a bit of a shift in the club’s policy too with regards improving player’s wages to reward their performances, as opposed to bringing players in on huge wages from day one (Thiago being a notable exception in recent years). On top of this, as you point out, both Real and Barca (the only two real options unless they fancied the PSG “project”) couldn’t afford either or in the case of Real wouldn’t prioritise forwards hitting towards 30 over a potential Mbappe swoop.

I do think Liverpool should have strengthened in the attacking department this summer as a priority. I get the clamour for a creative midfield option, but they do have a fuckload of CMs, even with Gini gone. The problem here is that Gini was always available. The rest have injury issues in recent seasons - Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago, Ox, and of course Naby lad, who is 25% made up of crisps. That’s not mentioning Harvey lad, Curtis lad and Jimmy Milner. Unless one more moved on, I’m not sure they were going to add.

For the front 3, they have 4. The ACON I think only affects two league games (maybe three at most) and a FA Cup game, which Klopp clearly doesn’t give a fuck about. They still a little light up there for my liking when the next options are Origi and Minamino. Giving Origi a new contract in 2019 still seems a little bonkers, despite his heroics that season. I’m also wary of what they could actually buy for the attacking positions. Someone with potential? A 60/70 million lad who mightn’t get a start and is happy to sit on the bench but would be expecting big wages too?

They’ll be hoping Madrid don’t get over the line with Mbappe for the Mbappe 2022 project.

I think they should have tried to sign someone like Harvey Barnes before he signed a new contract, but then again, he’d probably be sitting on the bench.

3 Likes

Is that not reinvesting?

1 Like

Everytime I see Origi come on it kinda reminds me of when City brought on David James up front. He’s never gonna score you’re just doing it for the craic really.

He hasn’t scored coming off the bench since champo league final. If he’d left the day after he’d be a legend.

Mini me mo is going to be a sensation this season

Klopp is almost too loyal to the group. The likes of Jose would probably frame Origi for murder to get him out of the club.

3 Likes

In fairness - covid came and washed away most plans. Liverpool truly dont have the financial clout of the two Manchesters and Chelsea and had huge losses in revenue - that’s just the way it is. I bet a sneaky under the radar January move will happen

Absolute scenes lads.

What a day!

7 Likes

Omg :heart_eyes:. This beats the Ronaldo & Messi transfers easily. He’ll be like a new signing.

2 Likes

I’m off to get that tattoo of Nat heading the brick

5 Likes

Wonder does Corbally Red post here😂 A tough window because although we may need a midfielder we still have a potential line up of Hendo-Fab-Thiago. Hard for a new signing to instantly dislodge Mane-Jota/Firmino-Salah either. Personally I thought that young Belgian Doku might have been worth a punt. But unlike Manchester United we can’t afford to have a €30 million ,19 year old winger sitting in the reserves.

I know him… He’s a guard… He grew up around the corner from me. He’s a Liverpool fanatic… I had to cancel him a while back, a lot of negative vibes.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Really hates FSG. He was getting dunked on by a lot of fans in the opposite camp when the league has won only to resurface with a vengeance during the January window debacle.

1 Like

Liverpool are a Salah injury away from struggling to make top 4.

:joy::joy:

She’ll be like a new signing when she puts the secret apple sauce into the lads crumble desserts.

Wait and see.

Everyone knows that mate.

Fine ball player so he was… Had a few trials but told him he was too lightweight… He’s always giving out on twitter