Liverpool Football Club 2013/14

Borini will come back in you would think and be an attacking option for them. They need to get in a full back, centre half and a central midfield option to augment the squad.

Is Enrique injured these days or just out of favour?

[QUOTE=“chewy louie, post: 934651, member: 1137”]Borini will come back in you would think and be an attacking option for them. They need to get in a full back, centre half and a central midfield option to augment the squad.

Is Enrique injured these days or just out of favour?[/QUOTE]
Injured… Back training recently. Lots of talk about him not putting in the rehab work but who knows. Full backs and a marquee midfield signing would be top of my priorities.

What other teams 33/1 or similar before the start have ever won a major European league you can think of Sidney?
Would probably be a few CL winners in recent times similarly unfancied before the off but not many and that has the element of the possibility of shocks in one off finals and two legged knock out games.
Must be one of the biggest shocks in history in a non one-off sporting event if they go on to win it.

[QUOTE=“Tabby, post: 934941, member: 2142”]What other teams 33/1 or similar before the start have ever won a major European league you can think of Sidney?
Would probably be a few CL winners in recent times similarly unfancied before the off but not many and that has the element of the possibility of shocks in one off finals and two legged knock out games.
Must be one of the biggest shocks in history in a non one-off sporting event if they go on to win it.[/QUOTE]

Atletico Madrid - 2014 Champions League

They must have been a decent price for the League at the start of the year?

I only got on @25s

Brendan Rodgers is the leagues fourth longest serving manager

[QUOTE=“Tabby, post: 934941, member: 2142”]What other teams 33/1 or similar before the start have ever won a major European league you can think of Sidney?
Must be one of the biggest shocks in history in a non one-off sporting event if they go on to win it.[/QUOTE]
I would imagine Roma must have big odds before 2000/01. Montpellier in 2011/12 would have been rank outsiders too.

Denmark when they won the Euros

What odds were City in the 92nd minute two years ago?

I think we need 2 top class centre halves that would be first choice. I don’t have too much confidence in skyrtel, Agger or sakho but I do think that they would be better with a more accomplished centre half beside them. In midfield we need to get in Gerrards replacement as well.

What’s the story with Kelly? Does Rodgers not rate him? I know he is in match day squads but he is bit getting any game time.

Gerrard is arguably the greatest player to ever play for Liverpool.

I don’t think ‘getting in’ his replacement is going to be quite as easy as you make out.

The Rubin Kazan President hinted that M’Villa wanted to join Liverpool in January.

He has been muck for them apparently but they are blaming it on him not settling. I know nothing about him only that he was highly rated and has played for France.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 935048, member: 24”]Gerrard is arguably the greatest player to ever play for Liverpool.

I don’t think ‘getting in’ his replacement is going to be quite as easy as you make out.[/QUOTE]

I would have thought that someone with a similar engine and energy to Henderson to share the burden would be higher on the list than a replacement for Gerrard.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 935048, member: 24”]Gerrard is arguably the greatest player to ever play for Liverpool.

I don’t think ‘getting in’ his replacement is going to be quite as easy as you make out.[/QUOTE]

I never said it would be easy to replace him, I’d you even can. What I am saying is that we need to get in a guy that is going to take his place in the team, a stronger mid fielder that can put in the tackles and pick a pass. Similar I suppose to fabregas.

I don’t think a couple of clones of Jordan Henderson is going to cut it really.

[QUOTE=“tazdedub, post: 935059, member: 312”]I never said it would be easy to replace him, I’d you even can. What I am saying is that we need to get in a guy that is going to take his place in the team, a stronger mid fielder that can put in the tackles and pick a pass. Similar I suppose to fabregas.

I don’t think a couple of clones of Jordan Henderson is going to cut it really.[/QUOTE]

Fabregas doesn’t really possess the characteristics you’re looking for.

It is someone like Blaise Matuidi that Liverpool could do with. Doubt PSG would be interested in selling him though.

[QUOTE=“tazdedub, post: 935059, member: 312”]I never said it would be easy to replace him, I’d you even can. What I am saying is that we need to get in a guy that is going to take his place in the team, a stronger mid fielder that can put in the tackles and pick a pass. Similar I suppose to fabregas.

I don’t think a couple of clones of Jordan Henderson is going to cut it really.[/QUOTE]

If he keeps progressing the way he has been, Jordan Rossiter.

Don’t think there are too many players that posses all those characteristics which is why Gerard will be impossible to replace.

He was linked in the summer of 2011. Comolli was director of football at St Etienne previous to that and wanted to bring him to Liverpool.

But no - we decided to go with Charlie Adam in the end.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 935096, member: 24”]He was linked in the summer of 2011. Comolli was director of football at St Etienne previous to that and wanted to bring him to Liverpool.

But no - we decided to go with Charlie Adam in the end.[/QUOTE]

How are the emotions today, pal? You must be pumped with anticipation…How many of you going over?