Liverpool Football Club 2013/14

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 938053, member: 9”]I agree with a lot of @farmerinthecity 's points except for the Liverpool centre back / Ba bit. I thought he gave them a really rough time and won pretty much everything that went up to him with fuck all support. Schurrle and Salah/Willian* obviously had licence to join in but they were usually coming from very, very deep. Was it Ba who drilled the ball off some other Chelsea player’s ass when they had a break on at 1-0? I found that amusing.

• or Williams as my auld lad calls him. He genuinely thinks that’s his name and he thinks this Williams is a great player.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah that was Ba alright.

I find it amusing when Sky call Mouinho “great box office.” He’s great box office if you prefer to watch a sideshow of wankery on the sideline instead of a decent exciting football match.

I’m not sure I’d go as strongly as @Juhniallio but I was also amused by Gerrard in the second half looking to shoot every time he got the ball.

I would add balotelli to this.

Or Will-I-AM as Paul Merson calls him on Soccer Saturday

ferguson in the latter years was very defensive in Europe…overly so…rooney fcuked out on the right, they were terrible to watch and conceded possession…they grinded out their last champions league success…

A shot from outside the box was Liverpool’s best chance of a goal. The shots were poorly executed but they were right to take them, and they should have tried more of them, if anything.

Connolly?

No way Sid. Joe Allen had the best effort from outside the box. It’s not where they’ve scored most of their goals all season so why play to Chelsea’s plan. Your best chance was a ball played into Suarez followed by a dive and a Gerrard penalty followed by a knee-slide arm-shake badge kiss.

Luis doesn’t dive and Stevie prefers to kiss the camera.

Or in France…

[ATTACH=full]1212[/ATTACH]

Mate, you were in floods of tears when Ben Watson headed the winner at Wembley this time last year.

Has he not been at that for years? My Pool mates regularly have out about him doing that. Yesterday was the first full game I have seen if Pool this year, but he seemed like the same auld Stevie to me, mixing the brilliant with the selfish and the sublime with occasional laziness

@caoimhaoin

I got Ian Rush’s autograph on Saturday night. You must still be raging about him stealing Carol Anthony off you?

At least when you did it, you delivered a title for your team.

Gerrard popped up on the edge of the Chelsea box so often because of how deep Chelsea had been playing. If anything I thought Gerrard seemed a little reluctant to take on the shot but they were running out of options. He certainly didn’t hit any of them with the conviction and confidence he has had in the past in those sorts of situations

That was a Limerick style fuck up yesterday.

If Liverpool had lost after going 2-0---- That would be a Limerick esque fuck up.

Liverpool didn’t under perform, they just couldn’t break down a resilient Chelsea back 8- It happens. Tactically the sideline could have issued a few orders to change it up alright… But The bench was extremely weak which didn’t help things. Chelsea dug in, defended very well and got a break for the first goal. That’s football, mate, and I wouldn’t be blaming the players for shitting themselves.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 938078, member: 24”]@caoimhaoin

I got Ian Rush’s autograph on Saturday night. You must still be raging about him stealing Carol Anthony off you?[/QUOTE]
Raging. It only took him 15-16 years.

Thought they played into Chelsea’s hand by passing around the edge of the box and speculatively trying long range shots. Should have had Suarez, Coutinho and Sterling running at defenders looking for a clumsy challenge or a defender that stands off for fear of a clumsy challenge.