Liverpool football Club 2019/20 - Champions

The Chinese lad? He’s very good.

Japanese chap. 7.25m is nothing these days. Nike will be delighted. They’ll sell a load of shirts.

1 Like

I was going to say. £7.25m will pay for itself regardless

He’d be a snip at 20m never mind 7m. United will spunk another 80m on Minamino’s plodder of a team mate.

1 Like

Footix discussing players values

:grinning:

The day after European football died and all

…says your man

The first time ever a footix is comparing the epl to the all

:grinning:

I’m not sure what a footix is but I imagine it’s someone who shows their “patriotism” by talking about the business strategy of a team that batters Inverness 10-0 in the league 8 times a season?

5 Likes

Ooooft.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy you have really triggered Mike here.

1 Like

1 Like

Aldo’s agreement re Firminho has me doubting myself now.

Roberto Firmino’s performance was a concern once again and I wonder what is happening with the Brazilian right now because he looks horribly out of form.

Klopp dropped him Firmino and Salah for the Merseyside derby against Everton last week and he must have been hoping to get a reaction when he put them back into his team at Bournemouth.

Well, Salah answered the call as he produced some moments of magic against Eddie Howe’s side, but Firmino was off the boil again and Klopp might be tempted to start with Divock Origi in Salzburg after his magnificent display against Everton.

He didnt drop — he rested. How much football have Salad, Bobby and Mane played over the last three years between WC, Copa America and African Nations… Mane is a beast but it will catch up with him eventually.

He did in his fuck. Sure how could you take a word he said seriously after that

Firmino got on a load of ball on tuesday night but he didn’t score or have any assists so he must have been shit

Are you one of those who thought he had a great game cos he “occupied space”. G’way ta fuck with your occupying space. I “occupied space” during the game with my fat arse on the couch.

No

He got in at one stage and had two lads to cut it back to. He ignored them and toe poked it in to the side netting. He didn’t do anything else of note prior to that and Klopp hauled him off immediately after.

How do people still not understand Firmino’s value to the team? If he stood up top like Haaland or someone, the likes of Salah and Mane would get nowhere near the goals and assists they usually get. Our attacking priority is to get those two into goalscoring positions, not to get Bobby into them. Firmino creates that space, gives incredible ball to them and drags defender everywhere. He may not have done it perfectly lately but it’s not always going to. He’s still one of our most important players

A joy to watch. Not only that, but he creates space for midfielders to get into dangerous positions, Keita and Ox and the like. He’s the number 9 and has the most assists for the European Champions and unbeaten PL side so far.

He’s liquid mate, innit.