Liverpool football Club 2019/20 - Champions

Seven different teams won the First Division title in seven different seasons from 1965/66 to 1971/72.

This also works if you go from 1966/67 to 1972/73.

when did Jimmy Hill fuck football? 1961? Coincidentally, the last time Spurs won the league.

They’re a shit cup team according to some…

Manchester City are like a good paralympic athlete - great on one leg. The introduction of a second tends to badly stump them however.

They’re like football’s version of Animal Farm. One leg good, two legs bad.

Free transfer. Grand bit of business

Twas the sale of donkeys like Ibe, Smith and Solanke to Bournemouth that funded some of the others, plus money from the likes of Suarez and Sterling

I’d imagine a similar analysis of the top 4 or so sides for the last 27 seasons would be much starker.

The last 10 seasons from a quick glance the top four has been United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, City, Tottenham and Leicester (once) in some order or another. So 7 teams in the top 4 in 10 years.

I only had to go back four years in the Old First Division to get 9 teams in the top 4.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Palace, Leeds, Man U, Sheff Wed, Spurs, Norwich & Forest.

Liverpool might have dominated the title but it was a much more even playing field.

The haves have gotten richer. The have not’s can’t close the gap without a billionaire.

Teams without real European pedigree find it incredibly difficult to win the European Cup as their city rivals can attest to.

1 Like

Would I be right in saying that Milan is the only city to have more than one club win the European Cup?

when did top 4 actually mean something? early 00’s? when did finishing second get you into Europe. Different parameters entirely.

The European money has closed a loop on success alright, without significant investment. The elite remain the elite.

Even with significant investment FFP destroys competitiveness and basically ringfences the big clubs. City got in before the door shut and UEFA are doing everything they can to boot them out

It’s irrelevant to whether the league was more competitive or not, top 4, is top 4, regardless of the reward for it.

You are the fella that claimed winning five out of seven premiere leagues is very poor. You’ve haven’t a notion about football. Liverpool’s European pedigree is murdering Juventus fans. It’s actually embarrassing for Liverpool fans hearing them talk about beating Tottenham and European pedigree. Cup competitions can be won with large slices of luck playing their part. The only time a European cup matters is when a team wins their domestic league in the same season to back it up. Man united are the only English team to do this in the champions league era.

Klopp has destroyed you :rofl:

That’s been Liverpool fans response for six months now. Klopp has destroyed you. It wasn’t even remotely amusing at the start and makes little sense. Going by @mikehunt standards Klopp has been an abject failure. Winning 5 out of 7 premier leagues is very poor according to him.

Jesus, after reading that response I didn’t realise how much he’s actually destroyed you. It’s fierce sad to watch this downfall.

I quite like Klopp. Liverpool fans think he’s done an incredible job with one league title in four years After taking over title challengers.

More lies – you cant stop lying.

Keep trying to justify your actions in your head the other day everyone is really impressed :+1:

It is relevant but I’m agreeing with you, significant reward for a select few destroys competition and solidifies elites

I stand by all my comments you little weasel… that has nothing to do with you being a liar.

You stand by saying somebody that is a rape victim is a slut. That reflects very poorly on you.