Liverpool football Club 2019/20 - Champions

1 Like

I would imagine Everton football club would be more angered over this than itd

1 Like

Some awful nit picking and clutching at straws. Fergie was great. Klopp is currently doing great work. All the other shite means nothing.

4 Likes

Fergie wasn’t great in Europe, he was bang average.

He was regularly our thought alright. Still, Barça and Madrid had phenomenal teams at the height of Fergie’s reign.

dunno, that Milan team of 2005 was supposed to be one of the greatest but still a crap Liverpool team beat them and got to a final in 2007.

Liverpool would have destroyed that Milan team of 1989/90.

Ferguson’s biggest achievement for me was the rebuilding job he did in the mid noughties following the Invincibles and Chelsea’s money threatening to see them dominate.

He got in Vidic, Evra and crucially Van Der Sar to shore up the defence. His biggest call was to get rid of Van Nistlerooy and place Ronaldo at the centre of everything.

The last premier league he won was sensational given how bad the team was. I thought the 08 team could have been one of the greatest club teams of all time but Berbatov messed it up and not signing another midfielder. Hargreaves kept getting injured and so did Rio. It was a pity as we were close.

When United were at their best under Fergie they regularly came up against some of the best teams to ever win the champions league. Strong Bayern Munich teams, Real Madrid with the galacticos, Real Madrid with Ronaldo and pep Barca.

Be honest pool fans ye won 2 handy ones in the 70s by beating the mighty Borussia Mönchengladbach and Club Brugge not to mention beating spurs last season🤣

1 Like

You only beat what’s in front of you and those clubs earned their place in the finals.

Footix alert

1 Like

That’s an understandable inferiority complex. It’s common amongst European also rans.

Also very common among deluded liverpool fans :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Are you mentally challenged? Teams don’t just arrive in a final you gomey cunt. Any European cup is hard won.

I listen to a Liverpool fan podcast a bit. You get some awful apes on it, but the main host is very articulate and has a proper football brain. One of the things he regularly says is “what would Alex Ferguson do?”. He was a terrific manager. He got United to four CL finals (I think) and I know people will say that’s a low return for the amount of times he had them in the competition, but compare him to someone like Wenger who only made one CL Final. If it’s a black mark against Ferguson, it’s the only one in a great career.

Klopp has been to three CL finals. I think he will make one more before he wraps up his time at Liverpool. It’s a serious record already that he has in European competition (sure, he’s only one of them)

Choco has imagined winning several cups for the Pool, and they were all hard got

Which pod is that?

The closest he’d get to it is a botched burglary of the trophy cabinet at Anfield

TAW

They’re actually decent lads off mic. Spent a few hours with them before, having a few pints