Liverpool football Club 2019/20 - Champions

I still donā€™t get this TAA love-in. Heā€™s a disaster at the back. He has a good cross but his primary purpose is to defend and heā€™s not very good at it.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a major weaklinkā€¦ TBF, he was a midfielder all his life

it isnā€™t. Full backs arenā€™t defenders anymore. His primary purpose is to overlapā€¦ create space for Salah, join in the attacks, be an outlet (heā€™s very good at it). he fills a space at the backā€¦ full backs for possession based teams arenā€™t defenders.

Full backs for Burnley and the like are defenders

2 Likes

While I agree, his positioning and instinct when defending is poorā€¦

He should be capable of basic defending and heā€™s not.

thatā€™s harsh. Salah gives fuck all protection down that side. Henderson covers a bit, when heā€™s fighting fires in the middle, TAA is told to tuck in. A quick switch and heā€™s one on one. With a winger in 10 yards of space.

I think heā€™s a fine player. And heā€™ll get much better.

Heā€™s learning alright. Iā€™ll give him that much.

De gea isnā€™t injured.

why would De Gea be discussed in the Liverpool thread?

You said the best keeper in the league is out for six weeks.

Is Ederson injured?

2 Likes

Yes, he is out for 6 weeks as has been discussed above.

Itā€™s his lack of awareness as to whatā€™s happening around him. Heā€™s too much of a ball watcher. Salah actually allows him the space to look better going forward than he actually is. He has a good cross but other than that I see nothing to justify the hype.

he can score from a free kick. Heā€™s very very quick, heā€™s young. Heā€™s comfortable taking the ball in tight spots and has played in some very big games at a very young age.

he is quality mate

Can happen the best of us. The calving jack is an essential really.

1 Like

Iā€™m a townieā€¦ is that a rural joke?.. itā€™s lost on me mate

*edit, Iā€™ve just seen @myboyblue liked so itā€™s a rural joke.

1 Like

Shur didnā€™t Sean O Brien rip a calf in two once, nasty business.

A moo calf or a muscle?

A baba moo cow.

Christ, anyway. TAA, yay or nay?