Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

If we are going to do this we are going to need net spend figures mate

2 Likes

And retrospective expected goals tallies? Not to mention spends on agents…

Shut up you gowls.

1 Like

Cup Winners Cup was the Walsh Cup of European football.

“I have two Cup Winner’s Cup, so I do”.

Aberdeen won the CWC in an era where Dundee United should have been in a European Cup Final only for Roma bribing a referee. Wasn’t a tinpot league back then.

The Cup Winners Cup games were often the more enjoyable ones, and always with some of the most exotic or rarely seen sides. It was a much maligned trophy.

why do irish adults support EPL clubs?

Entertainment - it’s like Wrestling.

Sadly, like @bandage and wrestling- there’s a lot of Irish adults that think the EPL matters.

Their uncle worked in liverpool and brought them home a jersey, they all have real connections to the place.

It was fun to watch no doubt. But it was ever very much a consolation competition for sides you’d call “European Royalty”. Tbilisi, Kiev, Mechelen, Magdeburg, Bremen, Düsseldorf, Carl Zeiss Jena, Leipzig, Vienna, Aberdeen etc all won or played in a CWC final in the day. Aberdeen winning the CWC was like Leitrim winning the FBD league in fairness.

Is that what happened with your uncle in Manchester ?

Aberdeen beat Real Madrid in that final you fool.

6 Likes

I’m a Pat’s man, mate

I know mate, I watched that final. Real were shite. They, and their fans, would much rather have been playing in European Cup finals.

Looks like Matip won’t make it for the game v Manchester United

Some bantz going on here

He’s made of glass. Klopp should have bought … It will have to be Henderson and Fab again, you couldnt play either of those kids in there, they’ll be ate alive.

Horse Jimmy Milner in there. He’ll give Cavani a kicking.

Cavani can take a kicking, hes fucking Uruguayan after all.

1 Like

True that.