Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

Milan Baros still plays footballā€¦ He represents his local town, which has a population of just over1000 people, and plays in the Czech 6th division.

6 Likes

Good for him, itā€™d be great if more ex pros did that rather than 5 a side with other ex pros

He took a few years off in the middle of his career to be fair to him

All the best Gini.

Barcelona taking Liverpool squad players shows thatā€™s the way it is these days.

For Euro 2004 I remember telling anyone that would listen to put money on Baros @ 66/1 for top scorer ā€¦ I then never backed him myself :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

I did! Had a double with Czech winning out too which obviously didnā€™t come through. One of few times a big odds gamble won for me.

1 Like

I hate your guts.

1 Like

I backed that. I always wanted Milan to prove his detractors wrong.

Depends

Pre-contract agreement with Barca? Heā€™ll have given a solid 5 seasons at Liverpool if he stays until the summer to be fair. A man for the big occasion.

1 Like

The Czechs had the winning of that tournament. Their game with the Dutch was epic. Nedved going off early in the semi arguably cost them but that bollox Seiteradis was so impregnable in that tournament it mighnt have made a difference

I think the double was near 200-1 as well. That fiver bet would have been huge for me

Baros, Koller, Rosicky, Nedved, Pobersky were all very good. Cech in goal too and Jankuloski. They were a far better team than Greece. Rosicky looked some star back then. I was very excited when I read in Match magazine that Liverpool were interested in signing him.

Think it was the Czechs victory over the Dutch that prompted an epic Dunphy rant that the Dutch were at nothing because they were too democratic and you needed poverty and dictatorship to succeed at international football

If lads on here are correct in their assumptions then weā€™ll have a savage international team thanks to the medical dictatorship and poverty theyā€™re causing sošŸ˜…

4 Likes

Karl BrĆ¼ckner was a wonderfully dignified man . A decent football man

Heā€™ll be togging out within two months I reckon.

Be Aprilā€¦ If theyā€™re still in the title race or Champions League be a great boost for us scousers.

2 Likes

Was Hillsborough karma for Heysel lads I wonder?