Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

When your plan is to cross the ball into the box relentlessly until one of the centre halves concusses himself then you really don’t want to be playing Burnley

I could never understand it. There has been a proliferation of it over the last 2 decades. Other grown men slagging off other grown men about “their” team losing and said old men seething and having to organise diversionary activies to occupy the mind after a loss. It doesn’t sound like a very enjoyable pursuit. The Manchester ones are an intriguing subset. They were swimming in a sea of mediocrity last number of years and no where to be seen but they are proud as peacocks now. Well done Manchesterians on here.

Olivier Giroud would get 20 goals a season in this side. Steven Caulker, 30.

It’s Andy Carroll we need not Mo Salah

Just pm me the address and I’ll send the gift

Jesus you’re right. Carroll’s two attributes, heading the ball and blamming shots from outside the box are exactly what’s needed.

Liverpool came form a long way in 1981/82 (the season Spurs were chasing a quadruple for most of the season). They lost at Manchester City on Boxing Day and were something like 12th after that. Went on a long winning run then.

1985/86 was another one. Souness was gone by then, Liverpool were well off the pace but won 11 drew 1 of their last 12. That run started with a last minute Ian Rush winner at White Hart Lane.

1 Like

Clay ain’t happy

4 Likes

It’s all gone downhill since they sold their souls to Nike.

Gerry will be rolling over in his grave.

It just highlights how good VVD actually is.

We go again.

Is it time to stick Kev back in the nets?

Liverpool have been exposed as the greatest one man team since Cora Stauntons Mayo

1 Like

Liverpool didn’t have the nerve or the mental fortitude to deal with @BruidheanChaorthainn attacks on here and concentrate on winning football games

6 Likes

I didn’t see any of last night so I can’t comment. But I don’t think the goalkeeper is the problem.

Salah and Mane completely out of form.
Trent needs to be dropped for a bit.
Centre half a big issue as the whole system hinged on that.
Been unlucky with other injuries too.

That’s just how it goes. They escaped all that last season.

Like Icarus, Liverpool flew too close to the sun. But what a flight it was. What beauty we witnessed. What perfection. Some arent so lucky to see such beauty.

1 Like

Great insight by the footix here

Zoning in to notice that centre half is an issue is very perceptive

4 Likes

They were the worst team ever to win the league. It shouldn’t even count as a title. Played out over 12 months with water breaks ffs.

Yes, agreed