Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

Who’s next in the boot room to step up and take over from Coach Klopp if the need arises?

If they’d kept Brendan Rodgers they’d have 3 leagues won by now.

2 Likes

With Lazar Markovic doing untold😅

Stevie G will be back sooner than people expect.

1 Like

Stevie G needs to prove himself outside a tinpot league. Pep Lijnders failed in his first head coach gig. James Milner has the credentials longer term. Officer class.

Ferguson is the best manager of all time not even any question about it.
From breaking the old firm domination with Aberdeen, winning in Europe with them, to where United were when he took over to how big they became, ending of a 27 year famine, the sustained success, the style of football, the young players brought through, the control he had over the club, the late goals, the treble, influence over refs, other managers licking his hole and sending other fellas demented, rebuilding and winning with 3 or 4 different teams, straddling completely different eras of players who had to be dealt with totally differently, defeating abramovichs money, signing and moulding a watery little dribbler into the best goal scorer of all time, winning with shite teams at the end and how much a cliff they fell off after he left. All over the course of well over 30 years. A cunt but an unreal manager.

6 Likes

Brendan Rodgers has never won a competitive trophy as a manager.

By Christ I nominate Arthur for Fergie’s eulogy. 100% truth

Sir Alex was the greatest. It hardly even needs to be debated?

Can’t be considered great because of his meagre returns in Europe.

Bob Paisley is your nominee presumably? In fairness to Bob, it should be pointed out that Sir Alex never liberated a country from fascism the way Bob did.

1 Like

Only 3 managers have ever won more European cups than him and unless I’m mistaken he’s the only one to win one with two completely different teams at the same club. He also got to three finals in 4 years losing to arguably the greatest team of all time at their peak in two of them.

He won a cup winners cup with Aberdeen wasnt it?

He won that with United and the 2 were european cups.

Yeah he won the cwc with both teams. But I meant his wins in 99 and 08 were with two completely different united teams. Maybe one or two survivors at most. Don’t think anyone else has done that have they?

He was an extraordinary manager. Man Utd had 7 (seven) league titles before his arrival. They now have 20. He transformed that club from a team with less league titles than Everton into a serious force. I was delighted as a Liverpool fan when he retired. I knew there’d be a drop off.

What was fergusons actual record with Aberdeen chairmandan? I’d say he won a good few leagues and cups when before and after him celtic and rangers hoovered up 95pc of them.

The answer is probably obvious but who is this?

Were Giggs and Scholes the only two involved in both winning campaigns? Scholes suspended from 1999 final. Did Giggs not play in 2008 final?

IIRC the league was pretty competitive back then. Dundee United won in 83 and Hearts lost on the last day in 1986

Nani