Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

Klopp was given nothing? He has spent about half a billion pound on players since he arrived including breaking the world record for a goalkeeper and a defender. In fairness he has spent it well mostly but you can’t say FSG have not backed him massively.

Yes Liverpool use income to fund transfers just like every other club in the world apart from Man City, Chelsea and PSG.

The only manager they have backed financially was Dalglish. Klopp has had to sell to buy. None of the other top teams in Europe operate this model. Liverpool sign a mid table Championship defender because FSG won’t finance the likes of Alaba. In spending terms Liverpool are behind the likes of Everton and Bournemouth but are competing with the likes of Barcelona, Madrid, Man City and Bayern Munich.

Somebody has got at Ozan Kabaks Wikipedia page

They have given him £500m pounds to spend. That’s backing in anyone’s language. Don’t be so silly Mike.

2 Likes

The Babel copter was my favourite transfer deadline day.

You handicap.

1 Like

Yet again, it’s up to the Reds to provide a bit of entertainment, this time on the transfer front

Lolz… You’re a bad man.

Sky Sports deadline day is going to be off the chain

Might need to go get some more beers. It used to be good fun back in the day before everything was on Twitter first. I remember that Carroll and Suarez day. I was driving back from work in West Clare and heard the various developments (Liverpool also tried to sign Charlie Adam that day) and stopped off on the way home and bought a rake of cans.

2 Likes

I heard the Carroll news on the way to a funeral. I was one of the most sombre looking people there even though I wasn’t close to the deceased

2 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

I left work hearing they’d put in a 15 million bid. It was 35 million by the time I finished dinner

Klopp is operating in a completely different financial setting than all of the top European managers. Even unproven managers like Solskjaer, Pirlo and Lampard have way more freedom to spend their way out of a problem. To argue otherwise is to display a real lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Repeat the club mantra. It was always going to be Torres - ÂŁ15m. Chelsea paid for Carroll.

1 Like

Half a billion pound he has spent. Spent it well in fairness. Spotted that he needed to beef up the defence and went out and spent ÂŁ140 million on a keeper and a centre half. Kind of set the bar for that kind of money being spent on defenders leading to the likes of fellow big spenders Man United spunking ÂŁ75m on a donkey like Maguire.

Now you’ve got it. He spent it by raising it, not FSG just handing him over a blank cheque. Phew, that was hard work but glad you finally got there.

1 Like

You had to ladybird it for poor @Horsebox

You are a patient man Mike.

2 Likes

the forensic accountants are out again, worrying about rich peoples money