Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

From the 6 minutes Iā€™ve watched the Danish crowd were better.

The other game in the group is a draw. Ideal

Iā€™d say watching you trying to change a keg down in the yacht club would be great sport though.

1 Like

I sense that theyā€™re may be a few egos getting ahead of themselves in Liverpool at the moment.

Shaq (Irish footix using EPL playerā€™s nickname cc @mickee321 & @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy) was lively enough at times tonight. The games against the weaker teams seem to suit him, just look at what he did against United a couple of years ago

4 Likes

Trouble is he covers as much ground as the version of his namesake that played for the Boston Celtics

What did Brady think when he got in?

Do you not remember the Houllier era and the next Zidane Bruno Cheyrou? They were a few others that could also be named.

Nunez must be the worst player to have played for Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Phil Babb

And he didnā€™t even stop the goal. :slight_smile:

Cheyrou was hyped as a good player though I had thought. Those Frebch lads Houllier brought had a bit of pedigree I had thought. Le Tallec and Sinama Pongolle were huge gets at the time. France after a world Cup and chevron was a decent domestic guy I thought.

Minamino, I just donā€™t see it, maybe he has nice movement it thats it. His touch looks poor and he seems to underhit passes. Not quick but a decent engine.

2 Likes

The cynics amongst us will label this sort of thing as contrived and patronising ( Iā€™ll admit that the Irish connection slant that Cooper was trying to pedal throughout the interview is very twee and unnecessary) but for me you can clearly see why Kloppā€™s teams are willing to go that extra yard for their manager. He comes across as an incredible motivator, a man of very strong family and community values and a tremendous leader.

The same and more can be said for Rashfordā€™s efforts over the past few months to support the less fortunate in society during an extremely difficult period. Theyā€™re the sort of actions that inspire people and help create a bond and feel good factor between communities and specifically teams. Itā€™s no coincidence that United are on such a high at the moment and are suddenly playing like a team instead of a bunch of highly paid individuals.

@mickee321

Exhibit A - The cynics amongst us

Professional soccer is a business. A mans morals off the pitch have no bearing on results or performance on it.

If your boss was a lovely fella but hadnā€™t a clue what he was doing heā€™d get the bullet. You might go a bit further to help him for being a nice fella but if youā€™re performance was affected heā€™d be under the bus.

Klopp is a nice fella. And so is Rashford. But to think their being good lads has any bearing whatsoever has any effect on their jobs is incredibly tweet.

Theyā€™re both very good at what they do

Fundamentally disagree, you can throw all the money you want at a team but if you donā€™t have a motivational manager and/or strong leaders within the team you are at nothing.

Liverpool are a perfect example of this, a mixture of serviceable midfielders who are willing to run their socks off for the cause and a front three, who werenā€™t world beaters when they signed for the club, transformed into possibly the best attacking force of the last 5-10 years, who bought into the philosophy.

1 Like

You donā€™t have to be a nice guy to be either of those things

Where did I say anything about being a nice guy?