Liverpool Football Club 2022/23

The it’s lucky for Manchester United when the year ends in 3 rationale appears to be producing the goods.

This is not hocus pocus, this is science.

The late, great Arthur Murphy (not of Mailbag) pointed out to me in the Bohemian pub in 1990 that Cork had won the All-Ireland senior double in 1890, and that the scientific omens pointed to a Cork double in 1990. He was correct. In June 1991 he pointed out that Spurs had already won the FA Cup that year. Using a combination of exceptional GAA knowledge and a scientific knowledge of dates and patterns, he pointed out that things which had happened in 1961 were once again happening in 1991 and that Tipperary and Down would win the senior All-Irelands that year. He was correct. In August 1993 after Derry had beaten Dublin he pointed out to me that teams which had won games in the senior football championship on a scoreline of 0-8 to 0-6 had a history of going on to win the All-Ireland. Derry had beaten Donegal 0-8 to 0-6 in the Ulster final that year and Derry duly went on to win the All-Ireland. This scientific framework also held for Dublin in 2011 when they beat Donegal by 0-8 to 0-6.

1 Like

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Hopefully he sees out his contract to 2026 anyway.

The last three Popes to die before Pope Benedict XVI died in 1978, 1978 and 2005. Liverpool won the European Cup in each of these years.

Pope Benedict XVI died at 09:34 CET (UTC+1) on December 31st, 2022. That was 1 hour and 26 minutes before it became 2023 in the furthest easterly time zone, which would have extended the sequence. I never liked the cunt anyway.

If we fail to win Old Big Ears this year, that could be the difference. The margins in top level sport are tiny.

3 Likes

Are you 10?

The science was clear. Argentina were destined to win the 2022 World Cup. Trust the science.

They only have deadwood now as far as I can see.

1 Like

We also have The Shield (won at Leicester’s King Power Stadium last July) and things have been very much Breaking Bad for us this season with our title hopes Six Feet Under.

Liverpool need to appoint Steven Gerrard.

Brilliant :clap::clap::rofl:

Even I had a chuckle at this

1 Like

The Nunez effect

1 Like

:hushed::hushed::hushed:
Ruh ruh

1 Like

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

???

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Not Naby lad again. He was just starting to fulfil his potential.

Dr. Naby

Private jet set to land at Liverpool this weekend ahead of the Derby…

1 Like

Looks like it’s done.

Allah akbar