Liverpool Football Club 2022/23

Stefan Bajcetic

The high tempo takes it toll too. You just can’t do it season on season.

Liverpool are flat out until they win the ball back or there is a break in play and they’re gungo ho, full pelt attacking, they keep it at times but they’re best at full pace.

Contrast that to City, press in certain areas for 6 seconds, don’t win it, ok, sit, shape, contain. Slow build up, relaxed. Its a lot more forgiving on slow lads, Rodri is able to play in a 1 in midfield and not get disgraced and he is as slow as ive seen.

Manè is a huge loss too obviously. He has game changing pace which teams had to cater for. Diaz is a smashing player but he needs a trick to beat someone

After starting well not all going swimmingly for Sadio in Munich.

Bayern Munich manager Julian Nagelsmann has expressed his concern regarding Sadio Mane 's sharpness after another underwhelming performance against Barcelona.

While goals from Lucas Hernandez and Leroy Sane helped the German giants to an empathic 2-0 victory in the Champions League on Tuesday, former Liverpool winger Mane struggled to get in the game and looked sluggish. Subbed off by Nagelsmann in the 70th minute, the Bayern boss was asked post-match about his £35million signing’s situation after a bright start to life in Bavaria.

“He put in so much for Liverpool,” Nagelsmann, whose club snapped up the 30-year-old in June, began. “He’s a new signing. He just needs to adapt. He was trying. I’m certain he will succeed for us.”

Mane didn’t register a single shot against Barcelona, extending his goal drought to four games. Thankfully for the Senegalese, his teammates were able to produce. Bayern had been firmly under the cosh in the first half, but Nagelsmann’s team talk before the second period must’ve rallied his side, who came out of the blocks firing.

In the last couple of years Mane had lost half a yard and had reinvented himself somewhat as a central player. Diaz is more of a traditional winger and less effective at linking up with the left back and making those late runs into the box Salah and Mane did. Either the new players need to transition into the system or the system needs to evolve to incorporate the skillset of the newer players. Kind of between two stools at the moment

diaz’ workrate is exceptional and there’s no such thing as a lost cause for him. if you could install his workrate and combativeness in TAA, itd be frightening

Diaz is a warrior. Diaz would have thrived as much as Mane did when the front three were in their prime. They’re too isolated now.

Cc @BruidheanChaorthainn

fair whack to the liverpool fans for remaining quiet for 89 minutes yesterday

1 Like

The Liverpool fans can keep it silent for 90 minutes but they can’t keep silence for a minute for their Queen :rofl:

1 Like

Harvey lad also

I think Elliott has been outstanding. He always seems to be in the right position to receive a pass and is great at finding space. He’s not afraid to take responsibility to get on the ball either. He plays with great maturity despite his youth.
Should go to Qatar with England and should be a first choice there.

1 Like

How many goal involvements

More than Salah. He’s very young . The goals will come.

Put down the crack pipe bud, if henderson wasn’t hurt he wouldn’t be starting with Liverpool

A number please

96th percentile in shot-creating actions. Omg :astonished:

1 Like

I think he’s playing more than Klopp would have liked him to, but needs must.

I think he has bags of potential. Is very good on the ball. Thought he was terrific the night I saw him in the flesh. Much better than I had him down. The way he moved the ball, carried it, so on.

Said all along that lack of pace went against him but then a friend of mine reminded me that little Davy Silva wasn’t a fast lad. Won’t be 20 until the end of the season!

Harvey is still very much learning his trade. Will need at least a couple of years of physical development to be a reliable player at the top level. I’d be a bit worried about him having a lack of pace.

He scored against Bournemouth the 9-0 demolition. Got a couple of assists before being subbed off early too.

I stand to be corrected but I dont think he was credited with any assists in that game.