Liverpool Football Club 2023/24

Only the four goals they got against you in the last meeting :thinking:

Because they try and change the figures to suit the narrative as opposed to looking at the facts.

It’s one league title in eight years.

Liverpool should have won at least three league titles in this period.

Man City went to the 3rd tier of English football under my watchful eye. It was more fun then in Maine Road but everything evolves.

That’s a valid point. I suppose as 7 year olds we tend not to dwell too much on the journey when picking a favourite EPL/EFL team. I was hinting more so in comparison to the amoral Sugar Daddy route that the likes of Chelsea, Man City and more recently Newcastle have taken. Or the kamikaze approach at Man Utd over the past decade. Liverpool have enjoyed plenty of success but for most of my life they’ve been in the relative doldrums apart from the bit of cup success in the early to mid 2000’s and a magical few years under Jurgen.

if you were so concerned with morality you wouldn’t follow Liverpool either, and that’s for acts carried out by the club, not by it’s owners

1 Like

I get the football satisfaction part (even if it is ridiculous but sure all sport fandom is really and where would we be without it) but how in the name of jaysus does how a business operates give you satisfaction. The owners are billionaires they could spend the money if they wanted they are simply running the business in a specific way. I know you’re not completely tongue in cheek either.

Paul Pogba says hello

Man United are one of the worst run clubs for the last 15 years.

That’s true. A long time before I was even born but what happened in Heysel was tragic and disgraceful. A small cohort of the Liverpool support mind you but there seemed to be a terrible undercurrent of hooliganism in English football during that period. All unnecessary.

You only need to look at the GAA to see how both sets of fans can sit together in unison with little or no trouble.

1 Like

Eh Darwin cost the same amount and got 9 last season. It seems like you think uniteds money means more?

1 Like

Yeah ideally you’d love to support a team who win in the manner that Leicester City did in 2016. Although that was a one off and English football has become even more of a closed shop since then. I’d say it was a great sport in the late 70’s when it was so open that a promoted team like Forest could win the 2nd and 1st tiers back to back. Ipswich and Watford made similar meteoric rises around that time too. The way it’s going the EPL winners will basically be determined by who has the Arab money and when they acquired it. Winning with a self made American owner is nearly an underdog story at this stage it’s so warped.

Darwin’s first season was considered unsuccessful mate. It’s all about the second season for him.

i find this a bit mental - the thing about Leicester - A Thai Billionaire bought them in 2010 - they had 5 years of massive infrastructural investment and shrewd transfer dealings. It didn’t just happen out of the blue.

1 Like

Gas cunts.

2 Likes

Sorry @caulifloweredneanderthal . You knowledgeable pool fans declared him a generational talent. It’s some about turn to call him a disappointment.

He will change the game.

This will be his season

Ah relative to the big 6 they spent peanuts. Jamie Vardy signed from Fleetwood when they were in the championship, Riyad Mahrez signed for less than half a million. Picked out Kante that summer for a minimal fee from Caen. It was water into wine stuff. Wes Morgan had been a championship defender all his career then suddenly embarks on a title winning season at the heart of their defence. The whole team was assembled for far less than Man City paid for Eliaquim Mangala.

3 Likes

Were they 500/1 to win the league? A shoe in at that price like.

They were more than that. 5,000-1.

1 Like