Liverpool Football Club 2023/24

Xabi Alonso was the ideal successor based on what heā€™s achieved this year but understandably he felt that he owed a bit of loyalty to Leverkusen and wanted a cut off the Champions League with them. Thereā€™s a real dearth of top quality managers in comparison to when Liverpool sacked Brendan Rodgers in 2015. Back then you had Klopp and Ancelotti unattached. I wouldnā€™t be overly enamoured with the likes of De Zerbi or Nagelsman. Amorim, Inzaghi or Ange probably be the best of an underwhelming enough lot.

Thereā€™s some Michel Sanchez fella too whoā€™s going under the radar but seems to have the Midas touch at Girona. He might be worth monitoring with the amount of jobs coming up this summer.

1 Like

I reckon the club/Klopp were 100% wrong to go public so early about it. Should have left it to the end of the season (eg. Ferguson at United best example).

Big Ange is a boyhood Liverpool supporter as wellā€¦

1 Like

I feel sorry for the next manager. If itā€™s not already apparent then it soon will be what a job Klopp has done wiith this squad.

1 Like

The type of football Klopp plays has the squad knackered.

Theyā€™d die for him. Theyā€™ll not bother next year when heā€™s gone.

The team is fine energy wise? ā€¦ A clatter of lads came to the end last year , which happensā€¦ Heā€™s done a brilliant job rejuvenating the team in a short space.

Bradley, Quansah, Danns, Clark, McConnell, Koumas all the big beneficiaries of the KDI this season. Doak and Bajectic unlucky they were injured. Probably would have got 25 appearances otherwise.

1 Like

Ken is lying through his teeth, or you are. Eejits the pair of ye.

Yep, 100m on him and he is woeful

He either wanted to sign him and is ashamed or it was done against his wishes

Is he not very good? From what youā€™d read here he appears to be a bit of a cult hero with Paddy Footix of the scouser variety.

I donā€™t know much about him but a lot of positives when I researched him a bit.

Sporting paid Braga 10m compensation to get him, the third highest compensation ever for a manager at the time in 2020. Mad when you think of the relative small size of Sporting and that they were in financial trouble at the time.

He has done very well with them since. Won one league, possibly on the way to another along with a few cups.

Favours a 3-4-3 system. Defensive record of his teams are very good with some even suggesting that he places more emphasis there than on attack.

1 Like

Heā€™s the best young coach in Europe.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m ready for a Liverpool manager thatā€™s younger than me

(CC @ Footix of the Day).

Has he made Sporting fans dream? Thatā€™s all thatā€™s important here.

2 Likes

Heā€™s rated very highly on the MTFDI.

Welcome aboard Senor Amorin

Ruben Lad could be here 20 years winning trophies. I canā€™t believe how lucky weā€™ve been to get him.

1 Like

How does he score on the Fist Pumping Index?

He has a nice hipster beard