Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

Muntari is been quoted at 12 million. I think he is ordinary enough.

From what I have seen of Poulsen, I wouldn’t rate him much at all.

To which Diarra do you refer? None of them are really world beaters.

Petrov is proven in the Champions League, Europa League / UEFA Cup and has singlehandedly added a bit of skill and gravitas to a horrible long ball team and taken them into Europe over the past few seasons. In short, he’s world class.

Poulsen can play in a number of positions, which is handy. He’s not a great passer though.

:lol:

Does playing for Celtic in the CL make you world class?

:lol:

Does playing for Celtic in the CL make you world class?

Kev whats with all the double posts lately?

The Diarra at Real Madrid, a decent player, if a whiny prick mind you. Poulsen is decent as Bandage has pointed out, would be a far better player than Petrov in my eyes, EPL experience is probably high in Hodgsons mind at present. Diarra, Muntari and Flamini would all have that in their armoury.

Ah I’m not Petrovs biggest fan but Poulsen is very poor MBB. Flamini has hardly played any games in over a year and when he did it was often at right-full. He is a much bigger risk than Petrov.

There are two Diarras at Real Madrid.

You mean the lad they bought off Portsmouth? Wouldn’t think much of him.

Did Bandage point that out about Poulsen?

I said nothing about Poulsen. He’s a useless, dirty cunt.

Hadn’t realised the second fella turned up there after. Aye, Lassana Diarra. He was more than decent at Pompey and Wneger says he made a mistake letting him go in the first place.

Sorry, got mistaken with Bandage’s post, my mistake.

You really rate Petrov at what, 31 years of age, higher than the likes of them? I’ll leave off Poulsen perhaps, but I’d still rate Diarra as highly, Muntari is probably too expensive if what you say is truew, but Flamini would be a better player in my eyes, and for 4m if whats said above is true.

work laptop is temperamental, and needs a few touches on the pad, sometimes this can lead to duplicate posts, its annoying, i apologise to the forum. I’d get a new laptop, but noddy lost me a load of clients, so things are tight.

Bandage - Could you answer my question?

Not to get to pedantic about things but the other Diarra arrived from Lyon before Lassana.

Also Petrov is 30.

Lassana Diarra would cost at least 7 million. He is limited enough of a player from what I can see, more a breaker up of play and no style.

Petrov is a good passer, and can control the pace of the game a la Alonso. Granted he wasn’t up against the best opposition but I saw him play in Croker against us and was by far the best player on the pitch. Very stylish.

Well that would be getting pedantic, but it would be correct.

Not to get pedantic either, but Petrov was born 5 July 1979.

Flamini is 26, Diarra is 25, just makes more sense once all things are equal. With the attacking line up Liverpool will bring about, Petrov could find himself over run at times. Just my opinion mind.

Flaminis wages are way too high MBB.

Milan are mad to offload him though Rint, and it would make sense for him to get his career back on track. Granted they’re not the most appealing of destinations at the moment, but its still Liverpool we’re talking about.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 471227”]Bandage - Could you answer my question?
[/quote]

There are enough threads about Celtic so I didn’t want to sidetrack this one. However, I felt it necessary to point out that comments about Petrov being unproven at the highest level were incorrect. He has excelled at the highest level and, let’s not forget, was part of the best midfield in Europe some years ago with Paul Lambert and Neil Lennon. But this is about Liverpool, who coincidentally Celtic knocked out of the UEFA Cup on their march to the final in 2003 in a tie in which Petrov played exceptionally well.

Farmer comparing an average at best Petrov to the European and world cup winner Alonso now. Good lord

Ok, thanks, at least now i know you were joking.