Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

Donā€™t know if I am overly gone on it.

Hleb is tidy enough alright (no world beater) but Liverpool have a pletora of that type of player.

Gerrard, Cole, Kuyt, Jovanivic, Babel, Pacheco etc

Itā€™s in the Spanish press tonight.

Fair enoughā€¦ But we finally have competiton for places instead of relyining on the same old shite. Granted a striker should be our priority but there is still plenty of time for thatā€¦ Hleb is, like you said no world beater, but has proven himself in the prem I think. Jovanivic, Pacheco and Bablel to date are unproven and I expect Pacheco to feature mainly in cup and Europa league games with sub appearances here and there in the league.

Theyā€™re not really all the same type of player, farmer. Iā€™d be delighted to sign Hleb, a class act.

Heā€™s a good old fashioned dribbler. Nice player. Think heā€™d be an addition alright. For all Liverpoolā€™s attacking midfield players they still seem to struggle with orthodox wingers. Either they turn out shit or central players are shunted out wide instead.

Intrigued to see what Woy will do against Arsenal now. If heā€™s going to persist with 4-2-3-1 then a playmaker is still paramount, the alternative in my eyes being to drop Gerrard in there. Attacking options are ok and would be bolstered by Hleb but still need a striker and Iā€™d still like to see a winger with raw pace. For all the abuse I give Walcott (because heā€™s a useless footballer) he does create panic and gets in behind a shitload. No link with Eljero Elia in ages. Have liked him the couple of snippets Iā€™ve seen.

If he goes 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, does that mean Gerrard will play in midfield and Cole ahead of him? Iā€™m not gone on that. Who is the wide left in that situation?

Itā€™s all very interesting.

Hleb is rubbish lads, a nice dribbler but no end product. 11 goals in 129 appearances, donā€™t think his assist record was great either.

Rocko might be able to correct me here, but Iā€™m pretty sure he had an astonishing assist record at Stuttgart prior to his arrival at Arsenal no?

hleb is a decent player and would be a great signing for the pool, as much as it pains me to say it.

11 goals is end product, Tinnion.

I think Hlebā€™s all right.

you canā€™t just go putting H & L together. Hleb.FFS.

why is he moving to a small club anyway?

I would tentatively agree, always struck me as a bit headless and ran up a few blind alleysā€¦great energy though

Only saw the second half but a spirited performance from Liverpool when down to ten men. Shame a comedy own goal had to cost them the win.

Christ, Reina placed it in the net! Not a bad performance, Macherano should be locked in a room until after the transfer window as heā€™s vital to the team. Hopefully Ngog can improve and push on after a great goal today.

Liverpool being linked to any number of strikers these days. The Swedish lad from PSV looks the most intriguing - Ola Toivonen.

I wonder how much is in the kitty. Iā€™d welcome Darren Bent for 10m or less.

Wouldnā€™t get him for that - not a chance.

Bobby Zamora or Carlton Cole iā€™d say would be more likely

Would definitely rather Cole. Still worried by the lack of pace in attack and will remain so.