Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

Make a bid. Unsettle the cunt.

Youā€™re still going to have to spend more than 10m.

This thread title still annoys me

Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani is set to be loaned out to a club back in his native Italy.

Aquilani has struggled to make an impact at Anfield since his Ā£20million arrival from Roma last summer.

The 26-year-old was signed by former Reds manager Rafael Benitez as a replacement for the influential Xabi Alonso but his first season on Merseyside was hampered by injuries.

Aquilani was not included in Liverpoolā€™s squad for last nightā€™s Europa League play-off against Trabzonspor and discussions are under way over a possible move.

Current boss Roy Hodgson said: 'At the moment we are considering possibly loaning him to an Italian club, but nothing is sure about that yet so I donā€™t have anything definite to report.

'I didnā€™t want to use him (against Trabzonspor) just in case the loan goes through, because for Aquilani this year itā€™s very important that he plays regular football, every week, as the number one man on the teamsheet.

'I canā€™t promise him that here so if a loan move to Italy could help him in that respect it might be good for all parties.

ā€˜It would certainly be what he needs, it would certainly protect the value of the player and when he does return to Liverpool no doubt we will see the Aquilani that we signed before he came here injured last year.ā€™

Aquilani had a history of injury problems when he joined Liverpool and it was more than two months into last season before he made his debut for the club.

Hodgson has given no indication as to which Italian club he could join but he was linked with Juventus - from whom Liverpool have just signed midfielder Christian Poulsen - earlier in the year.

A worse signing than Tomas Brolin?

The worst bit of management by Rafa at his time at the club.

He bought him injured which is never a good thing to do, and then never gave him a proper chance. I donā€™t doubt that Aquilani has ability and seems a likeable sort but he never really got a proper chance at Liverpool.

Rafa then failed to back his 20 million signing and started criticising him ā€“ he didnā€™t even have the courage of his convictions.

Interesting to note that Hodgson doesnā€™t want to sell him but is being proactive about trying to improve him as a player by giving him games so that it may benefit the club in the long run. That is good management.

I think heā€™s hoping a good loan period might hold his value high enough for a sale next season. If he sold him now heā€™d struggle to get 6-8 million for him.

Yup, Iā€™d agree that this is what heā€™s at.

Aquilani and Robbie Keane are Rafaā€™s two worst bits of business. Not on the same scale but it irks me greatly that he let Madrid sign Arbeloa for 3.5m when they were dropping serious cash elsewhere.

He only had a year or maybe even 6 months left on his contract.

oops

also oops

Move gone throughā€¦ Gone to Juve for the season

Liverpool have expressed an interest in Juventus striker David Trezeguet, according to the strikerā€™s agent.

Trezeguet, 32, has enjoyed a stellar 10-year stay in Turin and has helped himself to 138 goals in 245 Serie A appearances. With manager Roy Hodgson in the hunt for a new centre forward, the France World Cup 1998 winner has come across his radar.

Speaking to calciomercato.it, agent Antonio Caliendo declared Liverpool and two Spanish clubs were in the chase for his clientā€™s signature.

He said: "An interest of Liverpool? There are requests, not just of Liverpool.

"In Spain there is the interest of Real Zaragoza and Hercules.

ā€œWe are considering [offers], today is a day of reflection, we will know more tomorrow.ā€

Trezeguet?

:rolleyes:

I see that PSV have said that Liverpool made a bid for Toivonen but heā€™s not for sale.

Fuck all that shitā€¦ Big game tonight. If City play anywhere near as bad as they did last week Liverpool will take all 3 points ā€¦ another draw here would not be a disaster tho.

Startin line up ?

-----------Reina
Johnson-Carra-Skrtel-Aurelio
------Masch, Poulsen,
Kuyt-----Gerrardā€“Jovanovic
----------Torres

Tho Poulsen looked well off the pace on Thursdayā€¦

Aurelio also looked off the pace and Iā€™d be inclined to play Agger at left back ahead of him if heā€™s avaialable. Poulsen looks like he needs games too but Iā€™d definitely prefer him in ahead of Lucas. Liverpool are 21/10. Pretty tempted to have a little flutter.

Iā€™d agree with Agger starting on the left. Would he be tempted to play Ngog with Torres at any stage?

Hard to know but probably not imo.

Agreeā€¦ They are similar players in many waysā€¦ just a tiny little gulf in class seperating them !!

Dont think Agger has recovered from last week either.

Huang blames Broughton for collapse of dealā€¦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vERBPZvLB70
eature=player_embedded