Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

Mr Bellamy is a first class legend, hero, generally good guy. Any money he takes it freely given to him, with a significant percentage going onto his charity work. Would other EPL scum do as much as Mr Bellamy. A hero.

Liverpool are being linked with taking Mario Gomez on a season long loan from FC Bayern.

If only Rocko wasnt at a wedding, he could tell us is the Club Gomes much better than the pants version we see in action for Germany.

Rocko has never criticised a German born or qualified player.

Rockoā€™s playing style could best be described as a blend of Schweinsteiger and Ozil.

At least we agree that he is scum. Plus we should compare him to n-power championship players since he took the soup and stepped down a grade.

No we dont agree heā€™s scum, heā€™s a gentleman, I dont believe I ever called him scum.

By the way, he didnt step down moving from West Ham.

Traditionally Man City and West Ham would be level but since the A-rabs came on board no club can be considered on the same level as them.

Think you said ā€œother scumā€ when referring to other players. So the word scum = players, ero you think that Bellemy is both a player and scum. :wink:

:lol:

Think you said ā€œother scumā€ when referring to other players. So the word scum = players, ero you think that Bellemy is both a player and scum. :wink:

Bellamy is above all other player. :stuck_out_tongue:

I was speaking to farmer yesterday and I said that a Liverpool midfield four that includes Kuyt, Lucas and Jovanovic was never going to get anything at City. The lack of quality there is just astounding for a club of Liverpoolā€™s stature. To stop the rot at Liverpool is an extremely difficult task just now but I think the key is to stop signing mediocre journeymen that just arenā€™t of the quality that Liverpool should expect, coupled with an investment in young players with potential.

That first point is probably obvious enough but I think the second is absolutely crucial. The club and the fans want instant success but there simply isnā€™t a hope in hell given the current squad and Liverpoolā€™s financial situation. Whatā€™s required is a rebuilding programme, investment in the future and a phasing out of muck like Lucas, Kuyt et al. It annoys me that Liverpool missed out on good young players in the recent past such as Milner to Villa, Johnson to City, Bale to Spurs, Cahill to Bolton etc. Each one of those would have been useful additions but Benitezā€™ aversion to risk probably made him shy away. Hopefully Woy will have more courage. There are still good young players out there that Liverpool should be able to attract. Phil Jones at Blackburn? Albrighton at Villa? Andy Carroll even?Have a punt. We donā€™t really know how good these guys are yet but surely itā€™s better than signing someone who blatantly isnā€™t good enough. Iā€™d prefer not to see loan signings as I think Liverpool need to send a clear signal that they are committed to the future and loan signings signal the opposite.

Pace and direct players are also crucial imo. Albrighton would fit that bill. The fuss has died down about Alexis Sanchez, could he be picked up maybe? At the moment there are too many players that donā€™t really have the ability to beat players or frighten the shit out of fullbacks.

And left back. Sort out left back to fook. Agger ainā€™t one.

Paul Konchesky will sort that problem out for you, heā€™s class

this may have been in jest but looks fairly close to the truthā€¦Fuck me Hodgeson looks to be an awful bluffer at this levelā€¦bad enough playing Gerrard and Lucas in a two man central midfield against De Jong, Toure and Barry but he is buying some dross, Joe Cole isnā€™t a 100k a week footballer in my book, Poulson couldnā€™t get in a very middling Juve side, the likes of Koncheskey, Cole, Luke Young et al who for me are all fairly average if not worse footballers

I agree with the main thrust of your points, Clarkey. Iā€™m not a great supporter of loan deals for the reason you outline but thereā€™ll obviously be occasions where a potential loan is too good an opportunity to pass up. But the main focus should be on developing the team for ongoing success through astute permanent signings rather than having a brief but unsustainable upturn via a quality loan signing or two. Obviously youā€™ve mentioned a lot of young players based out of the league Liverpool play in but Liverpoolā€™s scouting network should be global in nature and they should be well positioned to pick up promising young players from anywhere. I know theyā€™ve signed a few unproven young players over recent years but the likes of Ngog havenā€™t been up to much.

Liverpool dont have the money to compete. They will be owned by the British taxpayer soon. Having a punt on young English players tends to cost money - money that Gillet and Hicks cant borrow anymore. Ergo the club is fucked. You will look back at Benitezā€™s era as a heyday.

Albrighton aint even that quick you bluffer. Why would Villa or Blackburn sell their best young players to their rivals for the Europa League last qualifying spot anyway?

Would you not agree that Liverpool should take on good loan signings to get that immediate upturn in order to attract good players for signing for the future? They would want to improve their scouting system big time, the likes of Arsenal and United are lightyears ahead at finding young talent, compare Ngog to some of the gems Arsenal have unearthed.

Kuyt could be on his way to Inter for 15 million plus.

Not a bad bit of business for a limited 30 year old approx.

Get in Ben Arfa.

That money will go straight to the bank repayments Iā€™m sure. He could turn out to be a loss to the club if he goes.

Nah fuck him. He was hopeless on Monday night and struck me as someone who didnt give a shite, which is strange for him.

Obviously it is only a good move if the money is used to fund more signings.

The other Diarra at Real, not Lassana being heavily linked as well.

Thereā€™s a possibility of getting M Diarra on a free I believe, they need wingers and a left back first and foremost.

Liverpool are fucked. A couple of seasons in the doldrums i think. They could even end up like Leedsā€¦